HATE THIS - Windows Search "Top Apps" - How do I remove it?

Anonymous
2019-06-16T21:25:43+00:00

Is it possible to remove the "Top Apps" section of Windows Search.

I'm using 

and the what I need removed is

I really hate anything to do with search history and that sort of thing and I really hate seeing this every time I try to do a search.

Please help.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-08-18T03:39:45+00:00

Just right click on the taskbar, go to Search and click on Hidden.  Then to search all you need to do is to hit the Windows key and type your search.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Kapil Arya 38,491 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2020-08-03T12:07:42+00:00

Hello,

There is no direct method to disable Top Apps (as of Version 2004), however you can try this workaround to skip Top Apps:

Right click on Taskbar and select Search > Hidden.

Now simply click on Start button or press Windows key and type your search query. This way you can skip Top Apps on the search fly-out you are seeing. 

Hope this helps!

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-07-31T04:06:42+00:00

    I have a Top Apps, Top News, and a See More button that opens Bing.com with the Edge Browser. Why does MS think I need all this useless garbage cluttering up my Search?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-11-14T14:22:34+00:00

    Top Apps on Search Bar - Update

    I have also done the latest Microsoft Updates from this week and nothing has changed.  I still have the same FIVE Top Apps that were there when I reinstalled Windows 10 on my desktop PC a few months ago.  They never change.  I now just ignore them. Microsoft doesn't care and won't fix it.

    Barbara

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-09-13T16:46:42+00:00

    Hi Scott

    That doesn't work for me.  The first "top app" is Simple Mahjong and I've never even launched that app. I can't get it to go away no matter how many apps I open. It stays first on the list. Also, My setting for letting Microsoft track searches was already turned off. Maybe I should turn it on, launch some apps (but not Simple Mahjong) and check it again?  Then turn the tracking off again?

    Barbara

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments