Just right click on the taskbar, go to Search and click on Hidden. Then to search all you need to do is to hit the Windows key and type your search.
HATE THIS - Windows Search "Top Apps" - How do I remove it?
Is it possible to remove the "Top Apps" section of Windows Search.
I'm using
and the what I need removed is
I really hate anything to do with search history and that sort of thing and I really hate seeing this every time I try to do a search.
Please help.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hello,
There is no direct method to disable Top Apps (as of Version 2004), however you can try this workaround to skip Top Apps:
Right click on Taskbar and select Search > Hidden.
Now simply click on Start button or press Windows key and type your search query. This way you can skip Top Apps on the search fly-out you are seeing.
Hope this helps!
42 additional answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Martmcd 19,990 Reputation points Independent Advisor2019-06-16T21:49:04+00:00 Hi ����������.
I agree, I don't need to see the apps I use all the time, I know where they are.
unfortunately we (users) cannot remove them.
please make the suggestion to the development team using the feedback hub (winkey+F) - they do read the feedback, they may not see it here.
if you post a link back here I will vote for it and it will help others find it.
in the mean time don't use the search icon, click start and type the search term - still has far too much superfluous information but (at the moment) does not include the top apps.
if you prefer that and want to remove the search icon, right click on the task bar and select search, hidden.
-
Anonymous
2019-08-18T10:55:52+00:00 lacrumb
That is not the point. The point is, Microsoft made a change that we don't want. I checked all the profiles on my PC and they all have the same "searched for" stuff even though it was only my profile that did the searching. And it now lists "top apps" which I don't need. See original complaint above with screenshot. That's what we are trying to get rid of.
Barbara
-
Anonymous
2019-08-22T12:44:21+00:00 I think you misunderstood the question/complaint that we have. It’s not the actual search bar or search button that we all hate. It’s the fact that Microsoft added a “feature” in a recent update and now when we click on Search, it shows a bunch of **** we don’t want to see. It used to just be a blank search box. Now if we want to avoid it, we have to change the way we do things and use the Windows key and start typing our search. Why can't they allow us to put it back the way it was? Why do they change things without giving us the ability to customize it the way we want it?