I have been trying to update windows 10 Home ver1803 to the latest version 1909 because I keep getting this message :
"Your version of Windows has reached end of service. We recommend you update to the most recent version of Windows 10 to get the latest features and security improvements."
However when I check for updates it says I am up to date with 1803. I'm confused. I don't know much about this but I can read and haven't been able to find much info. Am I missing something? Do I need to download the update manually to jump ahead rom 1803
to 1909? If my version has reached the end of service why hasn't it been automatically updated? Also the Update Assistant says I can update to 1903, not 1909.
What should I do?
The 2020-02 Cumulative update for win10 ver 1803 for x64-based systems (KB4537762) finally successfully installed this morning after the troubleshooter fixed a few problems with my system.
& the KB4534130 .net framework 4.8 was successfully installed on Feb 14th
I've been reading through the nightmare scenarios here & scared to use the Win10 Update Assistant. Do I take the chance that it will work out? I have backed up my docs & desktop to an external drive using filehistory in settings.
Any help in how to change over to 1903 w/o dramas?