Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 - Error 0xc19001e2

Anonymous
2019-06-05T15:46:17+00:00

Hi 

I've been trying to install Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 via windows update and I keep getting the following error:

There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 - Error 0xc19001e2

Its been 7 times now & and I've even tried to disable my Antivirus (Eset) but nothing is working. How do I go about it? I recently signed  into the Insider program, that's how I got the update

Any help appreciated

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-08-09T07:15:11+00:00

Dell Latitude E7440.

Just finally installed 1903 update.

It helped me to delete Dell Encryption and Dell Data Security.

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\Dell Data Protection and uninstall it all with Run as Administrator.

Then restart.

Next simply go into Windows Update panel and install.

P.S. Also don't forget to delete all files into C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder (i don't know exactly if it's needed, but I've deleted it couple weeks ago).

Profit!

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-06-05T15:47:42+00:00

Hi PETZO,

I'm Stefano an Independent Advisor here to help you.
I suggest you to update using Windows Update Assistant:
https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-10-03T10:07:17+00:00

Hello,

Please refer the guided walk-through mentioned in this support article to fix update issues:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10164/fix-windows-update-errors

If that doesn't helps you, try this:

Open administrative Command Prompt and type following commands one-by-one followed by Enter key.

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old

net start wuauserv

net start cryptSvc

net start bits

net start msiserver

Close Command Prompt and see if you can proceed to install V1903.

If issue still persists, try to reset Windows Update components:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/update/windows-update-resources

If nothing works, you can upgrade to Windows 10 V1903 using ISO file.

Refer this step-by-step guide:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-upgrade-to-windows-10-using-iso-file

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Was this answer helpful?

10 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-09-06T15:47:35+00:00

Uninstalling the Dell Encryption/Security software fixed the problem for me.  Uninstalled, rebooted, then finally, the 1903 update finally succeeded. 

Although I had to use a third party tool to handle the prerequisite removals of Dell Encryption applications hidden from the Control Panel, removal of Dell Data Security was the fix for my issue. THANK YOU!

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-10-23T12:40:58+00:00

    hello not sure if this went in   i have a HP-15_f387 touch screen   15.6 hard drive went out took to someone replaced i had to get running he didnt know what to do he piut in hard drive n 8 can i upgrade this untill i order proper hard drive and also cant find product key      thank you mark

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments