Good morning DavidM121,
I am pleased to report:
Re-Install of Windows 10 has vastly improved response time on critical Ham Radio app's.
You'll recall that we did this radical step because all other avenues were unsuccessful. MalwareBytes' Support Engineers did many tests to see if their anti-malware software was the root cause. It wasn't. And I worked with various Microsoft people on
"Inter-application" issues, with no success.
The Re-Install used the Flash Drive I created. Your guidance + the web-based instructions enabled me (a 76- year old non-power Windows user) to successfully Re-install Windows 10. I completed the Re-install of Microsoft's Office suite +
6 Ham Radio apps. + MalwareBytes + Adobe Acrobat + Western Digital's 2TB External Hard Drive,
Using data from my nightly Back-ups, I did a full Recovery from the External Hard Drive, including:
- the "log" of >50,000 radio contacts;
- all of my personal data into Office
- and "special back-ups" for ;
Firefox Bookmarks,
Outlook Contacts
Skype contacts,
Internet Explorer Favorites
A disk crash 3 years ago taught me it was naive to assume that my nightly Back-ups saved ALL of my data;
They didn't. That's why I highlight the "Special back-ups" above, because another user might make the same error by omission I did. This time, I'm glad I made these back-ups; they were easily re-installed.
THE PROBLEM STATEMENT
A simple "Look-up" in my Ham Radio apps. took 4 --> 6 seconds; sometimes much longer.
And, there were frustrating episodes when keyboard data entry was messed up. Typically, the 1st & 2nd typed characters would NOT be entered into the App's. target window....and only the 3rd, etc. typed characters would appear. So re-typing was often
necessary. And other times, when the apps. were simply re-started after my absence of a few hours, there would be a 5-to-10 minute delay, with a message in Task Manager saying the App. isn't responding.
TODAY"S SUCCESS
None of the above "bizarre" occurrences have re-appeared. And Look-ups are now almost instantaneous ! Marvelous !
Your patience in dealing with my limited skills & knowledge was important for our mutual success. Clearly you know your stuff., and are one of the best at what you do.
Thank you for your support.
Warm regards,
Gary