Hi James, excellent, well done, that does look much better, a long process, but we got there!
Yes, the MS Community is an amazing place, users from all over the world come here to help each other out :))
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Yesterday I went to a computer repair person because I was getting messages that I was out of storage. He had never heard of this problem but he ran a piece of software and said I would be good for a long time. Well since yesterday another 6 gigs of temporary files have appeared in my storage. I read some other articles first in this forum and tried the troubleshooter method and that didn't do anything. It said it could not find anything wrong. I don't want to bring it back to the computer repair person because he was just as perplexed as I am right now.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi James, excellent, well done, that does look much better, a long process, but we got there!
Yes, the MS Community is an amazing place, users from all over the world come here to help each other out :))
I found a work around for gpedit.msc online that seemed to work. I had to download something but then I could get to it. Then I did find out what I was looking for in regedit and followed the steps. Rebooted. Deleted the temp files and then re-booted again. I think I have it now. See the attached screen shot. Lets hope this is it. Will send you an update tomorrow when I check the storage again. thanks again for all your help. I always amazed that there are people out there that just want to help. The world is a better place than we think it is.
Hi James
Skip that first step, you won't have Group Policy Editor, that is only available in Windows 10 Pro.
Continue with the second step - Disable the AppX Deployment as explained below:
Click your Start Button, type regedit and hit Enter to open the Registry Editor
Click View and make sure 'Address Bar' is turned on
Paste this into the Address Bar at the top and hit Enter
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AppXSvc
Double click Start in the right hand pane, then set its value data to 4 and click OK
Restart your PC and again delete everything form the Temp folder . .
Dave: I went through that link. The person's solution tells you to type WIN+R and type gpedit.msc. My computer says it can't find that file. When I go to the next step disable the appx deployment service, I typed WIN+R again and got regedit to work but there is not HKLM\System. There is only HKEY choices. I'm not sure what to do at this point.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more