Hi deeannturnmire,
NICE!!! I am glad you did not fall for it. I hope karma gets them all.
Do not take any wooden nickels.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Received numerous phone calls from the following phone number 1-844-386-8965 stating that because Microsoft was no longer going to provide technical support, that I was entitled to a refund. Today, I decided to call this pestering caller. When I asked how much the refund was, the gentlemen with an Indian accent said that the refund was $300.00. He request that I start my computer and that we could proceed with moving forward with getting the refund. He wanted to get access to my computer. He said it would take about 15 minutes to get this refund process done. I told him that I did not have time to stay on the computer for 15 minutes since I had an appointment. He said he would be glad to call me back at a time that I specified. I said good bye and have not returned their call. I caution anyone receiving this type of phone call that it is very likely a SCAM.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi deeannturnmire,
NICE!!! I am glad you did not fall for it. I hope karma gets them all.
Do not take any wooden nickels.
Good Job!
Too bad everybody doesn't send these crooks packing!
JLS
I received a call today from1-844-232-3765 and it was a man with an Indian accent telling me I was owed a refund from Microsoft because I wasn't getting the services I was supposed to. I informed him I had payed nothing to Microsoft so I wasn't owed anything, he said it was part of my purchase price for my computer. He wanted me to get on my computer and let him in. I played along till I could look it up then when I saw this thread I read it to him and told him to go scam somebody else cause he wasn't getting me.
JlStrickland,
You are so right! The internet has its pros and cons. I wish I knew where the technology will take us next. There will always be people that take advantage of others. With the way technology is going it is going to open the front door to our lives and we will be giving up all privacy. The worst part is that we
pay to let the criminals in through paying for internet connection, digital cable, cell phones, siri , smart tv's
We are paying the penalty! I love the fact I can communicate with people from all over. I am not Henny Penny thinking the sky is falling, I just think as you put it ,need a tough marshall . We need something to protect us . It is scary to think you can be held up and mugged by someone in a different country , no gun needed just a computer. We need an internet John Wayne. Have a great day!
Your ideas sound good to me. As long as there is no penalty to be paid, some folks are capable of anything.
The internet is like the old, untamed, wild west. It's way past time a tough marshall was brought in to teach the bad guys a lesson. While I've always believed in treating others with kindness and respect, far too many of us are entitled to neither.
It's time for their spanking.
JLS