Yet another story....We also have received numerous calls. I finally returned the call and told him I wasn't home so I could not get in front of my computer. He said if I don't cancel my account, I will be charged $199 tomorrow. I asked him what card he was charging and he told me privacy laws forbid him to tell me. I told him I would call him when I get home (not!) His name was Albert (Indian accent). What a scam - I hope everyone reads this thread!
Microsoft Refund Scam
Received numerous phone calls from the following phone number 1-844-386-8965 stating that because Microsoft was no longer going to provide technical support, that I was entitled to a refund. Today, I decided to call this pestering caller. When I asked how much the refund was, the gentlemen with an Indian accent said that the refund was $300.00. He request that I start my computer and that we could proceed with moving forward with getting the refund. He wanted to get access to my computer. He said it would take about 15 minutes to get this refund process done. I told him that I did not have time to stay on the computer for 15 minutes since I had an appointment. He said he would be glad to call me back at a time that I specified. I said good bye and have not returned their call. I caution anyone receiving this type of phone call that it is very likely a SCAM.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Security and privacy
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2019-07-02T19:41:30+00:00 -
Anonymous
2019-06-29T06:12:46+00:00 I get what you are saying. But how could Microsoft object ? These crooks are using the name Microsoft to scam people. We are helping to protect Microsoft by informing people of the scams out there.
-
Anonymous
2019-06-28T22:06:25+00:00 yep check first with microspft
-
Anonymous
2019-06-28T16:45:21+00:00 We really need to speak to our Senators & Congressmen about fixing this. This is what is great about this website. Sharing the phone numbers & experiences can make more people aware. We are putting the bad guys on warning & letting them know we are on to them.
Let your friends know about this website! The more informed the more we can help others be informed of these scams.
-
Anonymous
2019-06-26T16:18:04+00:00 I keep receiving the same call. 833-244-4125