unfortunately I fell for this. The last 4 digits of the phone number was the same but te area cod was for New York. When putting in the refund amount, an ectra digit was added (not by me) and my screen was manipulated to look like thousands of dollars were transferred into my account. I was instucted to go get money card to send the money back to them. Finally alarm bells clanged loud enough for me. When I refused to do that, my microsoft login was changed before I could shut down and I was locked out of my computer and my call was terminated. Repeated calls to the contact number only resulted in being hung up on. I was able to access my various accounts through a different device to freeze or change passwords. I was also able to verify that no funds were actually transferred.
I did have to have my computer taken back to factory setup to regain acces, only because it was a Microsoft login.
Morale: ignore phone calls from Microsoft Refund