Kb4493509 Update Problems

Anonymous
2019-04-10T13:45:47+00:00

Hello,

there is an huge problem with the Kb4493509 Update. 

Me and an friend got the Update yesterday evening and installed it after the installation and the reboot our system doesn't work correctly. 

After an deinstallation of the Kb4493509 the systems work perfectly fine. 

We tested it on some other devices too and had the same issue on every System.

Can someone confirm this on his own system?

Kind Regards

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-04-11T19:40:39+00:00

    I got the fix!

    I had the same problem. Restart your PC and go to the windows startup settings. From there select the option to repair your system. For me when I did that i got to the desktop. Then it froze my system again. Then I pressed my computer case’s restart button. After that the system started working perfectly fine for me. I also checked that the update was installed correctly from the update history.

    No, that is not a fix for the majority of people having these problems & if it fixed yours I VERY highly doubt you had the same problem to begin with. It has already been confirmed by both Microsoft and several antivirus vendors, that the combination of these Windows Updates and a handful of antivirus apps are causing this problem. There is information supporting this and my previous reply all over the internet. The "fix" has already been given. Myself and plenty of others obviously already tried the "repair your system" options to no avail. I do NOT recommend d0ggy's reply as a fix. The actual recommended solution that has been made by several antivirus vendors is the same as what Avira suggested in their reply to me. One only has to look at my last response and read the link provided to get the proper answer. That info is literally all over the place. Tons of people having this problem (including Win7 and 8.1 users), and tons of people have offered the fix. Including MS and the av vendors themselves. The solution I posted is confirmed, not just some random nonsense that may or may not work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-04-11T14:32:13+00:00

    I had some of these problems and it seems I solved by updating Intel Blootooth & Wireless to the shining new version 21.0.0.

    (I still evaluating the situation)

    It seems they fixed some BSOD issues.

    Good luck

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2019-04-10T14:31:17+00:00

    Update one of your PCs then give the suggestions in the link below a try.

    https://www.groovypost.com/howto/fix-slow-after...

    Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. DaveM121 934.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2019-04-10T14:02:34+00:00

    Hi Reinhold,

    You should hide that update, so Windows 10 does not install it on your systems . .

    Download the tool from the link below, run that, in the list of pending updates, select that update and click 'Hide' that will stop windows from attempting to install it:

    http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2/2/f2...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments