Windows is not activated with valid product key

Anonymous
2018-11-08T08:56:02+00:00

I bought this license and activated this Windows like 1 or 2 years ago, and it's a valid key, I had my Windows Activated and everything works perfectly until today when I saw a watermark at to bottom corner asking me to Activate Windows.

I tried to reenter my product key but it says that I do not have a valid product key and refuse to activate my windows

Is there any solution for this?

P.S. I didn't reinstall my Windows or make any hardware change

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Licensing and activation

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-11-08T09:43:25+00:00

Contacted Live Agent Chat, and here is the response given

Thank you for sharing, Daniel. Microsoft has just released an Emerging issue announcement about current activation issue related to Pro edition recently. This happens in Japan, Korea, American and many other countries. I am very sorry to inform you that there is a temporary issue with Microsoft's activation server at the moment and some customers might experience this issue where Windows is displayed as not activated.

Our engineers are working tirelessly to resolve this issue and it is expected to be corrected within one to two business days, Daniel.

Hopefully it'll get fix soonest possible

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-11-08T21:51:23+00:00

We are aware of reports that some customers’ Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise machines are not recognizing their licenses as activated. Users may receive the following notification: “Error: you are running Windows 10 Pro, but you have valid digital license for Windows 10 Home," or one of the following error codes 0X803F8001, 0xC004C003.

We are actively working to resolve this within 24 hours. You can still use your PC; however, the watermark will appear until activation is restored. Thank you for your patience.

We will update this post with additional information as needed and once activations are restored.

Paul...

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-11-08T17:50:28+00:00

    Same issue here, just went through support to have it reactivated, visually it was, but it reverted back to saying it hadn't been activated... Patiently waiting now for them to "fix" the glitch.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-11-08T17:48:57+00:00

    My HP Z820 upgraded from 8Pro years ago is doing to same thing.  A few minutes ago it informed me my computer is not activated and suggest I need 10 Home instead of Pro.

    Hopefully I can continue to use my PC while this issue is being resolved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-11-08T17:31:27+00:00

    This morning when I woke up and went to my computer, Windows notification was telling me Windows 10 Pro was not activated and needs to be looked at. 

    Tried to activate Windows 10 Pro through Settings using Activation Troubleshooter. Came back saying I have Windows 10 Home and need to purchase a Windows 10 Pro License. 

    Went to Microsoft Online Account and tried to get it activate using that. Unable to activate my Windows 10 Pro even though it is showing I have it installed on my computer. 

    So, I figured maybe my Registry is corrupted. Because yesterday PowerDVD informed me that Windows Registry was altered during the last Windows Update and needed to be repaired to allow PowerDVD to work again.  PowerDVD fixed the Registry corruption.

    So I decided to Restore my computer back to November 04, 2018 and see if it will install Windows Registry again without any corruption and fix my activation problem. 

    After Windows Restore restored my computer successfully, It again is showing my Windows 10 Pro fully Activated.  For how long I have no idea since Microsoft Server may again says I have Windows 10 Home installed until they fix the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments