Audio renderer error. Please restart your computer.

Anonymous
2018-12-20T03:19:25+00:00

I can't play any video or audio and I get the above message when I try to play Youtube video. Rebooting temporarily resolves the problem.

______________________________________

Hey everyone! I found a fix. Are you all using an adblocker? That turned out to be the problem. I did not get the error again after whitelisting Youtube. However, I renabled it because reloading the page and getting back to where I was before was faster than watching a 0:05-0:30 ad. At the beginning. Maybe twice. Then in the middle. And one at the end. PLEASE TRY THIS BEFORE POSTING A REPLY. xd

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-03-05T14:01:13+00:00

    I have a Dell XPS 13 and have the same problem. Restarting the audio service does not help, so that is not a solution. This is one of several VERY annoying things about windows 10 and this laptop. I would never buy this laptop again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-01-27T22:08:15+00:00

    After I updated my BIOS I had the error again but only once.  In the last two weeks it hasn't happened again so maybe updating the BIOS was the fix it needed.  Was getting the error multiple times a day

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-01-25T17:50:36+00:00

    Dell XPS 13 here. Same issues. Hoping for a response.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-01-18T21:51:27+00:00

    I went to the Dell site and updated my BIOS as I remembered this problem started on my machine after the last time I updated.  So far, no further problems.  Fingers crossed!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-01-13T18:40:43+00:00

    I have a similar problem, I doubt it's the browser.

    I have the Dell XPS 15 9575, and this problem has essentially been happening since I got it, which was around November time.

    Basically every time I used my laptop, at some point a video would stop on YouTube telling me there's an ''Audio renderer error. Please restart your computer.'' I've tested this on other websites, and audio with no video (like sound cloud) as well as the sound properties bit where you can check sound (if this makes sense) there's just nothing.

    Usually restarting my laptop does help, but recently there was a time where this occurred twice in one sitting. Which is worrying me because I don't want this to be a worsened problem. 

    Like someone else said, is this a dell problem or a windows 10 problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments