Virus .udjvu

Anonymous
2018-12-23T10:14:35+00:00

Yesterday I was using my computer normally then suddenly a popup showed telling me that there was updates installing and I knew that it's not from Microsoft  as when I opened the source from task manger I found that it's not related to Microsoft updates so I click on end task then I tried to open Windows defender but it showed this message " page not available Your IT administrator as limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information. Then I found that a program called windows powershell is installed by itself .. Then the screen blacked out showing only this message when I tried to open Task manger " Task manger has been disabled by your administrator" 

SO I tried to restart the my computer but couldn't open start...after managing to restart by pressing the  power button for awhile to restore windows from a restore points , there was three but all failed and also repair failed so click on reset my computer but keep my files ..when it finished I found all my files "pictures , programs , pdfs, doxc, " all of it ended with this extension

.udjvu

like in the picture attached 

So How can I get my files back and open them?

"when I tried to use snap tool I didn't find it"

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. quietman7 MVP Alumni 19,830 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2018-12-25T14:40:23+00:00

    You're welcome.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-12-25T14:23:40+00:00

    Yes indeed  , where I pressed shut down  bottom immediately when I  noticed my PC screen in crazy  mode ,

    quietman7-MVP  Thank you very much for your information and looking forwarded  for  good news with coming soon solution to get back all my files ( doc , pdf and Jpg )

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. quietman7 MVP Alumni 19,830 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2018-12-25T12:54:32+00:00

    It is not uncommon for ransomware infections to sometimes fail to encrypt all data or leave ransom notes especially if the encryption process was interrupted by the victim (i.e. shutting down the computer) or the presence of installed proactive security software.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-12-25T11:51:29+00:00

    For my infection case ,   I did not have any message asking for paying the ransom.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. quietman7 MVP Alumni 19,830 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2018-12-25T09:49:46+00:00

    Please read my previous replies. At this time there is no way to decrypt your files without paying the ransom.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments