Unable to disable Focus Assist

Anonymous
2018-12-21T14:27:49+00:00

The Alarm App is a vital to me. I uses it for medication reminders. It has work flawlessly for me for a year. The Windows 10 update that introduced Focus Assist has rendered it useless. I've turned off all the options in Focus Assist. I've turned it completely off in the settings menu. I've been through forums, Google searches, I've tried everything I have found. This damn focus assist keeps turning itself back on and I'm missing my crucial alarms for when I NEED to take my pills. I toggle the feature to Off from the system tray and it stays off for about 1-2 seconds and then it switches from Off to the moon symbol. I need to destroy this feature. A DLL to delete, a service to uninstall, a registry edit.... Anything would be helpful. This focus assist garbage is breaking key essential apps that used to work fine.   

***Modified title from: How Do I utterly remove, disable, break Focus Assist?***

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-07-30T09:32:30+00:00

    This is really the summit. I'm changing to whatever linux distro TODAY.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-07-13T02:32:14+00:00

    same here... it is off until i click to show desktop or manually minimize the last window that is still showing... of course closing all apps does it to, but it seems to be something with showing the desktop.

    Microsoft, you need to fix this. This is a bug that has been there for going on for a while. Give us an option to permenantly disable this or stop the service from running and starting up automatically.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-03-10T19:34:41+00:00

    Why in hell should I have to change MY computer and MY user account to accommodate Microsofts worthless piece of **** Win 10.  If EVER an outfit deserved a class action lawsuit by everyone that was forced to buy this ****, Microscheisse is the one....worthless, arrogant, ….made worthless a $1000 worth of their OWN software that I bought and paid for, and now the S-O-B *s want to RENT the same stuff to me by the month....Simply a despicable outfit.    Anyone that wants to start a class action against them...lets get a couple of companies whose prior software purchases were made worthless by this "upgrade", then open membership in the class to the thousands like me, and give those creeps some real trouble.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-12-22T06:30:15+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

    I do understand how frustrating it could be when the features are not working as they are supposed to work. We would like to know the troubleshooting steps that you have performed so that we can eliminate the recursion of the steps.

    However, as you have mentioned that Focus Assist gets re-enabled automatically after disabling it. This issue may be due to a profile corruption. Hence, in order to eliminate possibilities, I would suggest you to create a new user account, disable Focus Assist and check if the issue persists. Follow the steps from the article Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10 to create a new user account.

    Hope it helps.

    Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

    Nikhar Khare

    Microsoft Community - Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-10-09T02:10:54+00:00

    How about you JACK ASSES STOP trying to make use **** WE DON'T WANT!!!!! I HATE this stupid thing. My **** computer, AND I HAVE NO CONTROL OF IT!!!! Sick of this ****.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments