Install newest 1809 & update full.
==> PC still go very slow.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone else has this problem.
After the 1809 update I've found that all the PCs I have applied it to so far have the same symptom of very slow access to the New submenu in Right Click Context menus. It seems when you first open the right click menu and scroll to the New submenu there will be a long delay before the submenu opens which freezes the Context menu. Once the New submenu opens you can roll the mouse cursor on and off the submenu and it will close and re-open quickly, but as soon as you allow the Context menu to close and try the re-open it the problem returns. It appears to be some problem with background enumeration of the menu.
I also notice on a couple of machines the New submenu now contains far fewer items after the 1809 update. Some of the systems have a lot of software installed so usually have a long list in the New submenu, others are basically vanilla content machines for browsing and just have the defaults with Office 365.
This happens over the desktop or in any open Explorer window.
The five machines I have upgraded are from a variety of manufacturers(Dell, Acer and Asus) using different processors(new and old), graphic cards(AMD, Nvidia and Intel), etc., etc., so it seems it is not associated with any specific hardware. I have had no other obvious problems with the 1809 update.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Install newest 1809 & update full.
==> PC still go very slow.
My computer just updated to 1809 and things are getting slow.
My whole entire system keeps lagging, including my mouse.
Wondering if I can roll back to my previous version now............
First time every with Windows 10........
There are some acounts on my Windows10 1809 PC.
My acount have the same problem, but no problem on my wife and daughter acounts...
I had the same issue. After installing from scratch (clean install) latest 1809 (2019 JAN updated) the problem is not present any more... so only updated systems seem to face the this annoying issue.
I am happy that yoy do not have the problem, but clean (read reinstall from scratch) is not always fessible.
I hope MICROSOFT UNDERSTANDS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN UPDATE AND CLEAN INSTALL.
Agree.
I had the same issue. After installing from scratch (clean install) latest 1809 (2019 JAN updated) the problem is not present any more... so only updated systems seem to face the this annoying issue.
I am happy that yoy do not have the problem, but clean (read reinstall from scratch) is not always fessible.
I hope MICROSOFT UNDERSTANDS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN UPDATE AND CLEAN INSTALL.