Tonight's crash minidump is uploaded:
Windows 10 Blue Screen
I'm getting frequent blue screens on my Windows 10 64bit install. Here's my sad tale:
I upgraded from Win 7 32 bit to Win 10 64 bit, but found my Intel H67 chipset wasn't getting 64 bit drivers... so in order to keep using my i7-2600 2nd gen Intel CPU and other bits I upgraded to a Z77 chipset motherboard.
I wasn't sure how Windows 10 would handle the board swap. It was a valiant struggle I'm sure, but the change was unstable. So I started loading drivers from the motherboard mfg. That helped somewhat but still getting some blue screens. So I've attached my minidumps and sysinfo. Thank you for your help!
minidumps and sysinfo: https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArNe4-q6Tz36hh7uTSzgvsAR4YgY
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2018-10-28T05:03:37+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-10-27T18:06:06+00:00 Uploaded the last minidump to the folder:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArNe4-q6Tz36hh7uTSzgvsAR4YgY
But since upgrading the Nvidia driver to the latest, and only allowing the installer to put in the core graphics driver (clean install too so it scrubbed all settings). I've been stable, for awhile. I'll update later today/tomorrow if something changes.
-
Anonymous
2018-10-27T17:03:05+00:00 Please share the new dump file too.would look tommorow morning.
-
Anonymous
2018-10-27T16:46:03+00:00 Removed EVGA extra software and drivers (beyond the core graphics driver) one at a time, then tried the system. Still crashed.
So I used DDU in safe mode to uninstall the graphics driver. Upon rebooting Windows installed a Nvidia driver for me from 2017. As I tried to type this message the system crashed. So I'm looking into older drivers and if that might help.
-
Anonymous
2018-10-27T13:29:58+00:00 Additional System Info:
motherboard: ASUS Maximus V Gene (LGA 1155, Intel Z77 Express chipset)
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/MAXIMUS\_V\_GENE/HelpDesk\_BIOS/
BIOS: v1903 (latest available, but from 2013)
CPU: Intel 2nd Gen i7-2600 (I have a working i5 CPU too)
memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 (2x8GB) - CMY16GX3M2A1600C9B (recent)
C: drive: Samsung EVO 840 250GB (recent)
PSU: Corsair RM750x (new)
I just realized that I have EVGA's Precision OC software running via the Steam Client. I don't really use it so I uninstalled it. It allows users to tweak their video card. I also started uninstalling EVGA/Nvidia's other software - everything except for the video card driver - just to check. If it still crashes I will run DU again and look for an older version of the graphics driver.