I just installed the windows 10 18262.1000 developer’s release. The “read only” problem is fixed in this version. Dates are appearing as they should and can be edited. You just have to get used to a build number watermark in the lower right corner. Lol
Media Created property not showing-disappeared and cannot be set. Error 0xc00d3e8e
Ever since the last major windows 10 update, I cannot set a date at the Media Created property of any of my mp4 files. Every time I try to do it, I get an error code 0xc00d3e8e along with a message telling me that "The property is read-only". To add insult to injury, it seems that all my mp4 files have somehow lost the said date, tediously set by me previously.
What is wrong with you Windows guys????? How do I get back my hard work of archiving my media files???????
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2018-10-19T01:18:58+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-10-17T19:30:34+00:00 I converted my MTS to MOV and it doesn't have the problem, i.e. the Media Created property is not populated for MOVs. I'm using iSkysoft Media Converter to do the conversions.
So do all MP4's have this property? Is it a requirement of the MP4 standard?
This needs fixing Microsoft, a developer comment would be much appreciated.
-
Anonymous
2018-10-13T17:27:51+00:00 Do we know if this only affects MP4? Do other video formats show the same issue? I could try and convert my MTS to a different format and see.
-
Anonymous
2018-10-13T17:18:13+00:00 I have tried so many different things to fix the problem. Software that is supposed to edit the creation date, date modified... etc wont work. What I definatly have discovered is that only the media creation date is locked. I have been able to edit any of the entries with these files. But, try to edit or remove the creation date, the error will show up. It has to be some sort of fault with windows 10.
-
Anonymous
2018-10-12T22:35:15+00:00 Same problem for me too. Was driving me mad until I found this thread. I had converted an MTS video to MP4 and the "Media Created" property was filled in on the new MP4 with today's date, whereas it's empty on the MTS.
iCloud Photos uses this date over date modified or date created, so all my converted videos are showing as today!
And there's no way to clear the Media Created date, because you get the error as below: