how do i COMPLETELY stop my computer from updating!?!?

Anonymous
2018-08-25T20:20:22+00:00

it seems that i am CONSTANTLY being FORCED by microsoft to "update" my computer at their leisure. i never asked for their "updates", i tried turning off all things associated with their "updates", BUT THEY STILL KEEP COMING!  I DONT WANT THEM, I DONT NEED THEM!

they say its for MY security? yeah, thats what ALL dictators say before they commit a mass genocide! i dont need microsoft snooping around in my comupter, because thats all their updates seem to be doing, is allowing them to forcibly access my computer.

if anyone knows of a program to block out microsoft from accessing my computer and forcing "updates" on me, then please share them!

microsoft saying they wont FORCE a new OS on people apparently doesnt include said operating system to be forcibly changed by them at any time, even if it means screwing up whatever you are doing at the time!

there needs to be some kind of action taken against microsoft about this, because it feels like i dont own my computer, but that microsoft does! i cant turn off "windows update medic service". the FACT that microsoft has a so called "service" like this, is enough of an example of how many people dont want their system "updated"!

it wouldnt surprise me if this was taken down because they dont want people to understand that this is worse than apple bricking devices because of a replacement part. if i dont have control over my device being "updated" then it is not my device, but the one who is updating it. that is not what i agreed to when i purchased this computer (not leased, but purchased!), so it is in violation of a purchase agreement and microsoft should be facing a class action lawsuit over this! but because they said they wouldnt do one forcible "update" they are getting away with this!

can anything be done about this?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-09-08T18:20:24+00:00

    Still no "updates" since I shut them off.😁

    09/08/2018

    That's what this thread is about, so I reported on not getting any.

    Will report again 09/12/2018

    Still no updates---09/13/2018

    I found this link in a post by @Sumit.

    https://www.thewindowsclub.com/block-updates-windows-10-stopupdates10

    It should be pinned in the Featured section.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-09-08T17:12:53+00:00

    "This device doesn't support Miracast, so you can't project to it wirelessly", I have no idea what the heck Miracast is but I can assure you I wouldn't have installed this app

    How can anyone argue against logic like that?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-09-08T17:09:51+00:00

    ... all i can think, is that your saying to go buy new hardware every time there is an issue, which is absurd. when their"software" causes my pc to have issues when it was working just fine the way it was, thats on them, not on my HARDWARE! 

    My motherboard, which includes my sound and Ethernet functionality, is nine years old. (I have a Dell Studio XPS 8100.) I did eventually replace the stock graphics card with a Radeon 5670 - that one is six years old. Another one of your theories down the tubes.

    You should take half the energy you put into arguing and invest it in a search engine. Learn how technology really works, and how to make it work for you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Paul Chou 1,471 Reputation points
    2018-09-08T02:38:23+00:00

    Too bad you are wrong! Win. 10 is the most secured version ever. Win. XP is outdated with no security fixes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Paul Chou 1,471 Reputation points
    2018-09-08T02:34:54+00:00

    No worries, I reported you for your crap. MS never forces any apps to be installed. They never know what apps we need.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments