Windows 10 clean install

Anonymous
2018-05-07T07:39:02+00:00

PC won't boot and I'm done attempting a repair. Finished.

I would like to start from scratch but would like to install the OS GPT vs MBR which I had originally done. 

I originally upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Ultimate Edition before the 10 upgrade for free expired so I don't have a key. What's the best trouble free method? I also installed with a legacy BIOS (Award Software Int.) but the motherboard (Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 rev 1.0) is UEFI capable.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-09T16:32:06+00:00

    I was under the impression that UEFI was better given it created more than 1 MBR on the drive (less likely to have MBR corrupted issues and no boot).

    You are just as likely to have corrupt EFI BOOT as a MBR BOOT and can repair them both.

    It might have a couple advantages, but I have seen most all failures from EFI systems, excluding peoples own doings of corrupting or causing issues themselves.

    I will choose BIOS over EFI with no hesitation. My personal preference.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments