how to fix bootres.dll is corrupt in windows 10

Anonymous
2018-05-10T23:11:47+00:00

how to fix bootres.dll is corrupt in windows 10

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-11-04T21:17:51+00:00

    This issue cropped up on my first reboot after the current update (BIOS was first, followed by Win 10 Pro v1803).

    This solution looks, in my way of thinking, the most promising. Reason: it uses all things Microsoft, w/standard commands and restorative properties.

    However, I'd like to hear a second opinion before I make this attempt. Not that I don't trust the provider, but given the challenges I've faced after the updates, I am wounded and crawling at the moment. I really don't need another headache.

    Can some let me know the success rate or at least, one or more others that took the solution defined above (PCR just PCR, 07/16/2018) and all was great afterwards?

    Thank you!

    Jim

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-08-03T20:27:03+00:00

    I used your chkdsk command on the D partition and my computer now boots every time without error. Thank you for the advice. I found the bootres.dll only on the D partition.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-08-03T19:51:57+00:00

    I did the chkdsk command with the D drive and it seemed to fix the problem after a lengthly repair process.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-07-14T02:43:40+00:00

    I am also having the same problem.  I was able to delete the corrupt boot.dll file, although srttrail.txt still shows it s being corrupt - but it is not in the root directory.

    I don't know if I've messed anything up, but I have tried most of the solutions here and am not able to solve it at all.  I also do not have a bootable image of Windows 10 (or any type of reinstallation media).  I was able to pull some data off, but am at risk of losing a bunch of e-mails which are in specific folders.  I tried accessing Outlook by accessing the drive by booting with my old drive (Windows 7) and using Explorer to try and open Outlook - but all I got was errors.  I was able to open another Outlook Window and get the last 1100 e-mails, but am still missing many important e-mails. (ugh). 

    So this is a multi-fold question.  Is there any hope to get beyond the "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC" or "is there a way to create a bootable disk for WIN 10 by going directly to the windows file in Explorer? or

    "Is there a way to open Outlook from the Explorer file" (all I get is an error).

    So frustrating as it seems this is a result of the latest updates from Microsoft.

    Any and all help is appreciated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-07-03T08:23:42+00:00

    Your welcome. There are some methods to stop windows updates for the future, tried this solution:

    https://www.groovypost.com/howto/block-windows-10-feature-update-why/

    i hope the error will never apper again.

    Dávid

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments