Why is my Epson Scanner freezing after upgrading to Windows 10 Spring 2018

Anonymous
2018-05-23T11:36:11+00:00

i can only scan once before My scan software locks and i then have to cycle the scanner off/on and restart my scan software for the next scan.   This problem affects all my Epson devices that scan.  I tried reinstalling manufacturers software.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-08-17T15:50:37+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-12-24T07:07:18+00:00

    Excuse me, but the question regarded the scanner freezing after each scan, necessitating a complete reboot each time, in Windows 10 . Not surprisingly, both Microsoft and Epson give us the run-around that leads farther and farther away from a solution.

    Sorry to say your response is no better as regards the scanner problem.

    No one seems to know the fix, but given Microsoft's world-domination ambitions, it doesn't surprise me.

    Get the patch from here.

    https://www.epson.co.uk/viewcon/corporatesite/products/mainunits/faq/8654/2784

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-10-17T11:39:53+00:00

    Hi!

    Had the same issue. None of the solutions to fix Epson Scan worked for me, but I installed an opensource alternative and it works great (NAPS2) - so it's probably not a scan driver issue, but an issue with Epson Scan itself.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-07-10T19:22:25+00:00

    I tried what Epson suggested to fix the problem.  I right-clicked on Scan software app listed in Windows 10 and selected (under "More") "Run as Administrator.  I was able to make several consecutive scans on my old Epson V700 scanner.   It seems to be working fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-06-06T18:02:17+00:00

    Same issue, since the latest windows 10 upgrade the Epson scanner software freezes and has to be closed in task manager. I can get 1 scan in if I'm quick before the software freezes. And 2 scans in before I can't open the scanning software without rebooting. On the 2nd try I get a Network scanner is not available or being used message.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments