Latest update still causing crashes. Microsoft please fix the update issues.
Windows 10 update fails yet again - June 2018
So here we go again. There have been 3 major updates to the WIN 10 OS and all have been colossal failures. They take over your computer for 6-10 hours or more, crash, reinstall previous version.... repeat. This is truly a horror story yet again. On the first update, I lost use of my computer for a week while it **** around with these failures. The 2nd, almost a month of interruptions. And on this latest one, just had the first 6+ hour steal and crash. I write this on my Mac which is quickly becoming my system of choice given these ineptitudes. MS try hiring some competent programmers who can send out updates that actually work quickly and efficiently the first time! I look forward to the coming weeks of crashes as it tries and fails over and over and over and over......
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
50 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2018-09-16T01:44:53+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-09-03T23:51:13+00:00 Yes, Windows testers screwed up this time. Pushing crap out the door and trying to troubleshoot afterwards. I've checked my suspect drivers (all Microsoft), tried ISO, removed McAfee virus s/w. The idiots at MS don't code and/or test properly. My system now says I'm up to date (version 1709) but when I reboot the system freezes. I think Trump should give all MS the "you're fired".
-
Anonymous
2018-08-29T19:12:23+00:00 So here we go again. There have been 3 major updates to the WIN 10 OS and all have been colossal failures. They take over your computer for 6-10 hours or more, crash, reinstall previous version.... repeat. This is truly a horror story yet again. On the first update, I lost use of my computer for a week while it **** around with these failures. The 2nd, almost a month of interruptions. And on this latest one, just had the first 6+ hour steal and crash. I write this on my Mac which is quickly becoming my system of choice given these ineptitudes. MS try hiring some competent programmers who can send out updates that actually work quickly and efficiently the first time! I look forward to the coming weeks of crashes as it tries and fails over and over and over and over......
Does anyone know if Windows development is still done in the US or has it been shipped completely to India and other overseas low bidders.
The results suggest that this may have some bearing on this.
I also think that Windows 10 is both a poor (very poor actually) product and represents a terrible erosion of the users right to control their machine and software , which they paid for not Microsoft who sees their right to work for their own and against users interests in these products as perfectly ok - It is not and this also looks like a view from a non-north American culture!
Another unhappy customer and IT guy!
CallDave
-
Anonymous
2018-07-26T21:08:27+00:00 With all the problems and hardware destroyed I believe folks are getting lawyers to start suing the rich kid in WA. MS should be ashamed since they are not bright enough to get good software testers. The SW folks aren't smart enough to release good code so MS has to hire good SW testers to catch the crap and force the lazy SW folks to fix it before releases. I'm calling Perry Mason!
-
Anonymous
2018-06-13T23:26:50+00:00 Here is an alternative solution to the Blank/Black screen.
The key is power off/on quickly to get the AOS menu.