Windows 10 update fails yet again - June 2018

Anonymous
2018-06-09T03:15:22+00:00

So here we go again. There have been 3 major updates to the WIN 10 OS and all have been colossal failures. They take over your computer for 6-10 hours or more, crash, reinstall previous version.... repeat. This is truly a horror story yet again. On the first update, I lost use of my computer for a week while it **** around with these failures. The 2nd, almost a month of interruptions. And on this latest one, just had the first 6+ hour steal and crash. I write this on my Mac which is quickly becoming my system of choice given these ineptitudes. MS try hiring some competent programmers who can send out updates that actually work quickly and efficiently the first time! I look forward to the coming weeks of crashes as it tries and fails over and over and over and over......

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-09-03T23:01:19+00:00

    Ha- I've had this problem for almost a year. Restart, restart, restart, recover. Multiple days wasted. Still haven't managed to complete the update. Haven't tried pulling the wifi card yet. But as many have said... I shouldn't have to.

    BRING BACK WINDOWS XP!!!! The only Win OS I never had issues with. I just installed XP on my daughters 15 yr old free laptop(for browsing & movies) because it couldn't run anything else. Found Service Packs 1,2,3 online and installed them manually. Guess what....runs better then my new computer with Win 10!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-06-21T22:33:58+00:00

    I hear you. I am approaching 12 hrs. on this one after the April update took the laptop out of service 2 days and I lost two months of data. I only just found out my Avast was likely cause. I still have Avast. I am screwed. It has gotten to 84% in just under 12 hrs. It made no progress for the first 11 hr. MS chat support told me if it does ever boot windows again to uninstall it (the Avast, not windows, I think differently). I am posting from my linux box. But I do need modern version of windows for consulting work. I am doomed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-06-20T13:35:01+00:00

    I have tried installing KB4284835 on 2 computers, one W10 pro and the other W10 normal, and two laptops, both W10 RT, and the same error, 0x800f0922, occurs on all 4.  Given the different ages and configurations suggest MS has a serious problems they are failing to own up to.  They are obviously aware of the problem but clearly don't know how to solve.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-06-16T01:21:04+00:00

    took the words right out of my mouth!  I want my MS refund!!  they suq so bad!!  ZERO help or support and Cost and lost hours of MS BS!!!  lots of nagware.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-06-15T14:31:51+00:00

    Tomasz,

    Mine was the same. Had to hard reboot (unplug) to get the reversion to the old OS. Note discussion on the WLAN card as this did work for me. My system identified it as a Ralink card, but is was Anatel when I pulled it. Yesterday I went out and bought a wifi usb network adaptor for $20 which is looking like a suitable longer term solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments