So first lock up is at 75% (6 hours) and requires a hard reset. Second crash at 82% is fatal (8 hours), then over to restore previous version. Congratulations, I award Windows 10 worst ever OS. Please stop taking over my computer for extended periods with products that ultimately fail.
Windows 10 update fails yet again - June 2018
So here we go again. There have been 3 major updates to the WIN 10 OS and all have been colossal failures. They take over your computer for 6-10 hours or more, crash, reinstall previous version.... repeat. This is truly a horror story yet again. On the first update, I lost use of my computer for a week while it **** around with these failures. The 2nd, almost a month of interruptions. And on this latest one, just had the first 6+ hour steal and crash. I write this on my Mac which is quickly becoming my system of choice given these ineptitudes. MS try hiring some competent programmers who can send out updates that actually work quickly and efficiently the first time! I look forward to the coming weeks of crashes as it tries and fails over and over and over and over......
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
50 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2018-06-11T15:07:29+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-06-13T13:07:14+00:00 I have started to consider the windows engineering (?) team a group of not very clever people. They're not that smart. They don't learn the lesson. They don't fix what they break. They continue breaking. What they continue positively to do, is to fill windows with useless and disturbing features. And often after an update (of course when it works) they reset my computer configuration. They want to convince me to use other default programs. They continue to add or enable (or re-enable if I had disabled them) some absurd features and services that make my old laptop run high on cpu and/or disk. It's always a fight to remove these features. More often than not, when I use windows I lose calm and kindness and I become ferocious against all these uncomfortable situations. When will the windows gang stop thinking that they're important, and start thinking that the customer is important, so they should give her/him something that works, that doesn't consume too many resources, that updates silently, quickly and only when the customer allows ? When will you make Windows a pleasant experience ? When will you try to care about customer satisfaction (because at the moment you haven't even started, I want to think, or otherwise you're very poor at this job). You have made me become a hater.
-
Anonymous
2018-06-11T23:53:48+00:00 I am haveing the exact same problems will all of the updates of windows 10, spent 1000$ upgradeing my computer because micro soft convinced me my mother board was the problem and it was out of date and thats why, oh no i cant be their side thats the problem. So now im haveing the same problem with june 2018 update but instead of just crashing it seems to have deleted winload.esi (i think thats the file) but right now its a paper weight. And what pisses me off the most is you cant say no i dont want your damn upgrade.
-
Anonymous
2018-06-13T19:16:39+00:00 I agree completely. I personally feel that Win10 is unsuitable for any critical application.
-
Anonymous
2018-06-13T17:37:33+00:00 Windows 10 is worst than the combined O/S starting with DOS 3.1.
On one PC got a blank/black screen after update and restart.
Took about 5 hours to restore previous version.
On other PC power down with updates and power on this morning PC wont connect to Internet/router. I will now have to spend time backing off its update.
Good thing I have a Win 7 available, which will not be updated to Win 10.