TLS security setting

Anonymous
2017-10-20T13:49:43+00:00

Can’t connect securely to this page

This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner.

Your TLS security settings aren’t set to the defaults, which could also be causing this error.

Good Day I am having issues,  I am getting that message when I try to register to an invitation I got from my employer

Please advise

Christine

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-03-17T19:18:59+00:00

This error is often returned for other reasons than those given. However, to ensure that you have the recommended settings for TLS, follow these steps:

  1. Press Windows key + R to open a Run box. Type control and press Enter to open Control Panel.
  2. Select Internet Options and open the Advanced tab.
  3. Scroll down to the Security section and make these selections:

If the option to Use SSL 2.0 is present, it should not be selected. 4. Click Apply and OK. 5. Close Control Panel.

These settings will make it possible to connect securely to most reliable websites. If you continue to see the same error, try again later. If there are still problems, they are most probably at the website. Use a Contact us option at the site to draw attention to them.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-15T17:39:36+00:00

    These instructions take you to the settings for IE 11.  Where is the answer for Edge?  If you cannot turn TLS 1.2 on and off in Edge, why not say so?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-02-12T19:13:40+00:00

    When trying to go to https://email.tsa.dhs.gov/my.policy I get this message....

    Can’t connect securely to this page<br><br>This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner.<br><br><br>Try this:<br><br><ul><br><li><br><span style="color:#0066cc">Go back to the last page</span></li></ul>

    I am running Win10 and Edge.  Pls advise.

    Tony Chopkoski

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-20T13:44:11+00:00

    me too!, already tried the method but after few minutes, the problem goes back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-10-30T14:44:33+00:00

    Personal computer.  All websites.  I am using Edge & Windows 10.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments