Google chrome starts automatically on windows 10 startup !!

Anonymous
2017-11-23T11:59:56+00:00

Can anyone suggest me how to STOP Google Chrome from automatic launch during Windows 10 STARTUP ?

This problem started after few regular boots post updating Windows 10 to Build 1709 (OS build 16299.64) & Chrome to latest version(Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit)). I've already checked the Startup tab from the taskbar , which I earlier Disabled for chrome from startup. But it is annoying every time I boot. 

[Moved to: Windows / Windows 10 /  Windows settings]

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-01-19T15:57:00+00:00

    Hi,

    We're glad to know that the issue you had with a browser that is automatically launching upon startup is already resolved. The application will only show up in task manager once it is already running. If the browsers is not showing up in the task manager even after launching it, we suggest performing a clean boot and check if the issue persists.

    We are looking forward to your response.

    I updated my browser, & adjusted settings in the browser's advanced settings. One of these two is what I believe stopped the automatic startup of my browser. Before I was able to get it to stop, I was not seeing my browser listed in the startup list to disable it from opening up during my startup sequence. I even used CCleaner's tools to check the start up list, to attempt to disable the automatic startup of my browser that way.

    When the browser is open, it does show up in the Task Manager, that wasn't an issue for me. It just never showed up in the Task Manager Startup tab. Before or after I got it fixed. 

    I'm hoping that by putting this information out there, that one of these many potential fix solutions might benefit other's that are also having this same issue. I'm also hoping that Microsoft might investigate why a program that was starting up with windows wasn't showing up in the startup list to be disabled? Unless that's on the programmer's of the offending program to code into their program?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-01-19T15:39:17+00:00

    Hi Judy,

    Any program or application that is running should appear in task manager. If you are still experiencing the automatic launching of the browser, we suggest installing the KB4073291 (OS Build 16299.201) and then check if the issue persists.

    Keep us updated on the status of your concern.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-18T14:50:51+00:00

    it is showing in task manager when it is running.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-18T09:57:44+00:00

    Hi,

    We're glad to know that the issue you had with a browser that is automatically launching upon startup is already resolved. The application will only show up in task manager once it is already running. If the browsers is not showing up in the task manager even after launching it, we suggest performing a clean boot and check if the issue persists.

    We are looking forward to your response.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-01-13T11:34:58+00:00

    I only had 2 startup items enabled - one was carbonite.  I disabled the other.  Chrome still started up with whatever tabs were open the day before when I closed it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments