Google chrome starts automatically on windows 10 startup !!

Anonymous
2017-11-23T11:59:56+00:00

Can anyone suggest me how to STOP Google Chrome from automatic launch during Windows 10 STARTUP ?

This problem started after few regular boots post updating Windows 10 to Build 1709 (OS build 16299.64) & Chrome to latest version(Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit)). I've already checked the Startup tab from the taskbar , which I earlier Disabled for chrome from startup. But it is annoying every time I boot. 

[Moved to: Windows / Windows 10 /  Windows settings]

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-03-04T15:40:49+00:00

    In my case, i had two accounts in google chrome, and in one of them had an extension Google Hangouts. That one starts my chrome automatically when my Win 10 starts. So i disabled it, and everything is ok now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-02-23T12:37:09+00:00

    12 identical PCs...  all of them have this problem.  There is no startup entry for Chrome.  As far as I can tell, Cortana is trying to "pick up where I left of" but I never told it to & I don't want it to.  I've never even signed into microsoft accounts on these particular computers, it's a lab, only local accounts...  Windows 10 makes you sign into a microsoft account before you can even see the toggle for the setting, so this is pretty shifty..

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-22T03:27:41+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you for sharing your workaround with us. This should help other Community members who are having the same issues.

    Also, we suggest that you send a feedback using the Feedback Hub. When you submit a feedback item we gather additional details and information about your issue that will help determine what’s causing it and address it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. To submit a new feedback, please follow the steps listed below:

    1. On a Windows 10 device, search for “Feedback Hub” in Cortana search, then launch the app
    2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback
    3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory
    4. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you’re done
    5. Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit
    6. Click Continue using Feedback Hub
    7. Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear)
    8. Open the item you submitted, then click Share
    9. Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like https://aka.ms/ link>)

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-16T14:18:48+00:00

    I was having the same issue as well, with Chrome auto opening to the last page/pages that I had open before I closed it & turning off my Laptop. I also close all open programs before I turn off my laptop so I don't have to worry about any error messages. I also did what Lucy did in checking through my Advanced options, but with mine I didn't make any changes, but I did check for updates & update my Chrome. After updating it, the auto start stopped, but it still doesn't show up in the start up options/tasks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-01-09T09:21:01+00:00

    hi 

    i had the same problem, so decided to make microsoft edge as my default brouser, no more automatic launch during Windows 10 STARTUP , inported my bookmarks to edge, and i can still access google on desktop app, sorted

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments