Taskhost is stopping ... device install reboot required

Anonymous
2017-10-30T15:28:09+00:00

I have done a clean install of Windows 10 1709.  System, including on board USB, works fine until I plug into the motherboard connectors with external USB devices - card reader, front side usb ports.  Then when I go to windows, Cortana box and Start menu and task bar are inoperable.   When I shut down, I get the Taskhost is stopping..... message.

Have done the clean install several times and also did System File Checker.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-01-03T13:27:04+00:00

    I have the same issue and have to do a system restore to fix. The buil info is the same as yours. Must be a Microsoft glitch.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-01-03T11:13:18+00:00

    Okay,

    Intresting Information, Keep us updated please. 

    seppe

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-01T17:27:34+00:00

    I've also been having this prob on win 10 but as u say a quick reboot and all works, I have a sneaky feeling this is a usb issue (in my case I think it's either the fresco logic usb3 board drivers or an issue with oculus rift).

    Once I get it sortie I'll post more.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-12-25T23:50:13+00:00

    We appreciate the information that you've provided, Seppe. We suggest to proceed with performing a clean boot first. This will only isolate any software conflicts and will not remove any files. When you start Windows by using a normal startup operation, several applications and services start automatically as well and then run in the background. Programs such as basic system processes, antivirus software and system utility applications running together at the same time in the background can trigger software conflicts.

    Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-12-23T11:52:56+00:00

    Hi, 

    I currently have windows 10 home 64bits (10.0, build 16299)

    I did not recall making any changes prior to the issue. Windows and drivers are up to date. 

    There are no viruses. I will send a screenshot of I get it again and if it'll alow me to take one ;).

    I did not really tried any troubleshooting programs or steps yet. Restarting did nothing. 

    Do you need an DxDiag file? 

    And I do not lose anything with a clean reboot right? 

    Thnx for the help, 

    Seppe

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments