Fresh Install Win 10 v 1709 Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP Error Event log 100 + times

Anonymous
2017-11-12T01:46:57+00:00

Error is at bottom. "What was I doing when I noticed this error"?  Nothing usually the errors do not 'present' themselves - I just see them in event viewer.  3k + errors can not be good.

Specs:

Computer Age: 2-3 yrs w/new component (HD, Ram, CD, VideoCard installed 6-12 mo ago)

Win 10 x64 1709 - Freshly installed following directions from people here

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460  CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz (Used Intel website to verify current)

Memory: 8192MB RAM

   Available OS Memory: 8124MB RAM

        Page File: 8204MB used, 2711MB available

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Hard Drive WDC WD10EZEX-08M2NA0 ( 927.0 GB 414 GB Free )

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Lenovo mobo  I1KT38AUS (Bios upto date)

Steps done so far:

Windows Trouble Shooter; Maintance; Health and other Diag software

Updated ALL Drivers from Manufacturer when applicable

Fresh Install Windows (Win 10 x64 1709)

MEMTEST (Pass Mark)

Additional PASSMARK testing

Updated Intel Drivers (Intel)

Lifeguard (Western Digital - Hard Drive Integrity)

BleepingComputer/Malewarebytes (Forums; They checked my logs for maleware - clean)

Windows Defender Updated & Clean

Deleted Temp/Junk files (CC Cleaner/Manual)

HWMonitor (CPUID) & CoreTemp

Chkdsk

Internet Speed Checking

Bought new Nvidia video card

ALL of these came back clean.  My event viewer has countless errors, which is not always a problem - but over 3,000 It is literally reporting 1 a minute.  The most recent, what is it?

100 + times:

- System
- Provider <br> --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP <br> --- --- --- --- --- <br><br><br><br><br> [ Guid] {E23B33B0-C8C9-472C-A5F9-F2BDFEA0F156} <br> --- --- --- --- --- <br><br><br><br><br> [ EventSourceName] Software Protection Platform Service <br> --- --- --- --- ---
- EventID 16385 <br> --- --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ Qualifiers] 49152 <br> --- --- --- --- ---
Version 0 <br> --- --- ---
Level 2 <br> --- --- ---
Task 0 <br> --- --- ---
Opcode 0 <br> --- --- ---
Keywords 0x80000000000000 <br> --- --- ---
- TimeCreated <br> --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ SystemTime] 2017-11-12T01:06:40.431644800Z <br> --- --- --- --- ---
EventRecordID 3681 <br> --- --- ---
Correlation <br> --- ---
- Execution <br> --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ ProcessID] 0 <br> --- --- --- --- --- <br><br><br><br><br> [ ThreadID] 0 <br> --- --- --- --- ---
Channel Application <br> --- --- ---
Computer DESKTOP-803STIB <br> --- --- ---
Security <br> --- ---
- EventData
0x80041315
2117-10-19T01:06:40Z
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-11-22T18:46:44+00:00

    My task scheduler is "automatic"  I checked in registry as well, it is "2" automatic.  It is not disabled.  Yet it is not allowing me to use it.  I have the pictures from my OP.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-11-22T01:00:24+00:00

    And I told you the steps I took.  Thanks for the help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-11-22T00:27:20+00:00

    There's something seriously wrong with that computer. Removing scheduled tasks is as straightforward as I described it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-11-22T00:22:11+00:00

    This is a family PC, I am the owner. My daughter on occasion uses it for school.  Someone told me drivers were the cause and to buy this.  Never again.

    Picture #2 is my task scheduler, when I try to open it I get a dialogue box, "The remote computer was not found" (Click ok).  When I click ok I see picture number 2 (Empty center pane) "Reading data failed"

    Services.msc shows task sched automatic but not running msconfigsame

    Registry: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ScheduleIt is set to #2 (Automatic).   I can do delayed, disable or auto-delayed (2,3 or 4) Should I do delayed auto?

    SFC /scannow - no integrity violations

    It is not "letting me in"/opening.  I see it "Automatic" & Stopped. It will not allow me to start it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-11-21T23:45:49+00:00

    If iObot didn't uninstall cleanly, that's another reason why you shouldn't install junk like that in the first place.

    Removing the scheduled tasks is not difficult:

    1- Sign in to an account with Administrator permissions.

    2- Open Task Scheduler.

    You have to remove each scheduled task individually.

    3- In the center pane, select a task by clicking once on the task.

    4- In the right pane, click on Delete (with the rex 'x.')

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments