Same here - WTF Microsoft.
Go to device manager - right click on video card - select properties - select rollback driver.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
When I started my PC today Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Display - 7/25/2017 12:00:00 AM - 22.19.128.0 was installed by Windows Update. Since then, the maximum screen resolution available is 1280 * 1024 whereas it should be 1680 * 1050. See https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=rx+580 for a listing of this update.
This driver should not have been installed as my AMD Radeon HD 4350 GPU is not supported by native drivers in Windows 10: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Driver-Support-for-AMD-Radeon%E2%84%A2-HD-4000,-HD-3000,-HD-2000-and-older-Series.aspx
However, there appears to be no way to remove this update as when I click on the Uninstall updates link in Windows Update, the new driver isn't listed.
How do I remove this driver, go back to the existing driver (version 8.970.100.9001 according to the article above), and prevent the "update" from being installed again?
Thanks!
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Same here - WTF Microsoft.
Go to device manager - right click on video card - select properties - select rollback driver.
It is now solved. Retrying with another pci-e card HD5450, instead of onboard HD4200 and with proper software AMD Catalyst for Windows 8 64-bit, the AMD tool is able to detect the card and installs the driver.
Currently the following are installed:
You can find more information at (see also the reactions below in this page):
https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/solved-stretched-screen-issues-for-windows-10/
Last days, I did not never seen a rollback driver for HD4200 and HD5450. Now the rollback driver is available. That is not needed anymore.
And the fix at the moment, (until MS change the driver or stop putting it out in windows update) is to roll back the driver. Install AMD drivers for Windows 8. (or) Choose Update driver, Browse computer and select Let me choose etc. and select a previous driver from the list.
I do not want to spend my money on a new PC. My PC is fast enough.
At power up, I see the circulair progess bar in high resolution. After a while, the resolution is back to the basic/safe video mode. It should be solved at Microsoft!
Browsing for drivers results in a message that no other drivers are available. I had a saved file containing the AMD Catalyst drivers from 2014. Trying that resulted in a message that there are no drivers to update.