Windows rollback loop

Anonymous
2018-03-20T18:32:10+00:00

After a windows 10 update, my ASUS X55U laptop remained in a rollback loop.  I have tried Bob Omb's suggestion in the Jan 16, 2018 thread by Martin Bar ie. run chkdsk c:/r/x (no bad clusters, usn journal verification) and sfc/scannow (Windows Resource Protection could not perform the required operation).  I do not have a boot disc or USB

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-20T20:44:52+00:00

    I have the same question. It came up after the last update. I also have ASUS laptop model U56E...  I had to select a keyboard (Englsh) then i would get “continue to windows rollback”. I cant do anything!! The three forced shutdowns dont work, i dont have a bootable startup disk, system restore and system image didnt work... This keeps going in circles! I have never had an update as frustrating as this one! Microsoft, where is you quality control?? Please help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-05-20T17:51:38+00:00

    After a windows 10 update, my ASUS X55U laptop remained in a rollback loop.  I have tried Bob Omb's suggestion in the Jan 16, 2018 thread by Martin Bar ie. run chkdsk c:/r/x (no bad clusters, usn journal verification) and sfc/scannow (Windows Resource Protection could not perform the required operation).  I do not have a boot disc or USB

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-05-20T22:46:40+00:00

    Thanks for the suggestion, AntDart, but it said it tried, but it said it couldn’t reset the computer....  <sigh>

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-03-20T19:55:23+00:00

    Hi Barry:

    Thank you for the feedback. I am sorry, but am not familiar with this scenario.

    We have two distinct platforms here.

    One is a Google Chrome Tablet, running the Chrome operating system.

    Second, is Microsoft Windows OS is designed for an INTEL/AMD architecture.

    Windows will really shine and be robust on an INTEL/AMD platform, where the same holds true for Google Chrome. You could, maybe, possibly, (I have not tried doing it), run Windows in a virtual sandbox or virtual machine environment. That will give you a taste and feel for what Windows can do.

    I know this may not be the best answer to your question. I apologize if it is not. However, it is the best that I can do for now, with the first-hand experiences I share.

    Best of luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-03-20T19:12:28+00:00

    I tried to download an ISO, but did not have a location so was not able to.  I do not have access to another PC.....I am using my tablet running on Chrome

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments