I am getting confused. I suggest you start again with a complete description of your system, all the problems you have experienced, what you have done (exactly) and what the results were (exactly). I know this is a long and involved task, but I cannot help you until I can get a complete picture.
Windows Live Mail Import Problem after Clean Install
After I did the clean install etc. and got the windows live mail ready to import my email messages from my zip stick or whatever it is called. I messed up and received email from my ISP. Can I import my old emails now, or should I remove the emails from the ISP? I do not want to mess anything up.
I want my OLD emails but I also want the new emails, can I do it? Is there another free email program that MS offers? If so will I be able to import my WLM emails to it?
Thanks! CarrmasDad2
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2017-11-08T00:23:43+00:00 -
Anonymous
2017-11-08T00:17:46+00:00 I am using the link below.
Windows Live Mail is no longer supported by Microsoft. Not such a bad thing because that also means they are less likely to mess it up. For your own security, you should download a copy of the program and store it in your backup drive in case you need to re-install for some reason: http://web.archive.org/web/20170112124505/http://wl.dlservice.microsoft.com/download/C/1/B/C1BA42D6-6A50-4A4A-90E5-FA9347E9360C/en/wlsetup-all.exe
Re: my previous post, do you have any suggestions!
I have removed and reinstalled the program several times using the link you sent me.
Please tell me what email program you use and give me advice on a email program that you have knowledge about!
I appreciate you!! CarrmasDad2
-
Anonymous
2017-11-07T22:33:38+00:00 I use WLM 2011 extensively along with half my clients. You can no longer get the 2011 version but the 2012 version can be downloaded.
-
Anonymous
2017-11-07T22:30:08+00:00 I have tried the export and import of my email messages, after deleting all messages. NO LUCK!
So I tried to export Contacts, to my external drive after creating a folder for them.
Re: your info
- Open the address book (Contact list) portion of Windows Live Mail
- On the top towards the right, find the Export icon. Choose comma separated values
- Click the browse button and navigate to your external hard drive folder for this backup and create yet another folder named address book yourname dd-mm-yy.
When I opened the browse to search for the (contacts) folder on the external drive I get the above attachment! I have removed the program and reinstalled it, and still have a problems!!! What email program do you use?
Please help!!! Thanks CarrmasDad2
The program Thunderbird I think is from Mozilla which also has Firefox which I have tried and did not like!
-
Anonymous
2017-11-06T23:00:40+00:00 Microsoft, Yahoo, and Google do not like you to use email programs. They much prefer to get you to keep your email on their servers, so they can profile you and put advertising in your face.
There is a program named Emclient, and another named Thunderbird. I have not used either.