.Docx files are not showing word icon but only white plain icon (Windows 10)

Anonymous
2018-01-27T12:53:51+00:00

There is no problem in the process of opening of the files in word. it is just not showing the icon.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-12-27T17:54:02+00:00

    Hello.

    At HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Word.Document.12 key , i dont have shellex key. 

    I have onlyshell and inside it , i dont have "IconHandler" key.

    That with Office 2013.

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-10-27T05:27:33+00:00

    I have the same problem and have tried everything and it is driving me insane for weeks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-22T01:07:20+00:00

    Dear K Tech:

    Thank you so much for responding to my question. I fixed the registry on my computer by following the steps outlined by another respondent, but I'm sure you're solution would have worked as well. All the best.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-08T02:00:11+00:00

    i was having an issue with right click new word document wasnt in the menu, and i had white icons on my word documents

    i went here

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/missing-new-word-document-in-right-click-context/629e6228-2dd7-4fb3-a1b6-a075c43166ba#:~:text=Press%20and%20hold%20windows%20key,and%20check%20if%20it%20helps.

    and did the registry fix for the missing menu and it allowed me to right click the file and select open with word and the icons came back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-06-02T00:55:09+00:00

    Thanks so for posting this solution! I have tried every fix I could find and nothing has worked until now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments