I did a full refresh/restore and now the service is back running. I think they fixed something on the "back end".
Good luck to everyone.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
I recently got a computer from someone, with their Microsoft account still signed in on the computer. I have another laptop signed into a Microsoft account and would like this computer to be synced with it. I have tried several times to sign into my account under 'add account'. I entered my email address, and hit 'next', and a message popped up saying, "Sorry, we couldn't connect to Microsoft services right now." I am able to browse the internet, and my computer shows that I have a wireless network connected to it.
I would really appreciate any help I could get on this problem, because I only have trouble signing into my account on my computer's 'add an account' setting, and can sign into it on the internet fine.
Thanks in advance!
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I did a full refresh/restore and now the service is back running. I think they fixed something on the "back end".
Good luck to everyone.
Yes, there is NO way I am having "network problems". If there is anyone having them, it's Microsoft's server. And just a funny story, just this morning THIS PC I am using now to write this started saying my disk was corrupted, all my programs and apps were corrupted and needed to be reinstalled, then it wanted me to reactivate Windows 8.1 and reboot to repair my disk. Well rebooting made it worse by giving me a blue error saying that the OS was corrupted. Finally after many reboots booting back to another Windows 7 OS I have installed too, I was finally able to boot back into Windows 8.1 and the programs started working again magically after I reactivated. To be honest, I'm glad I still had that Windows 7 OS. I just don't understand why Microsoft wants us to go to all this new buggy software. Windows 7 is tried and true and usually is easy to fix and the problems also usually make sense to why they happen. I just don't understand.... But anyways, I'm sticking with 7 until I absolutely cannot anymore. But anyways, that's my opinion! :)
This isn't computer specific in my opinion, but is affecting every computer running a version of Windows 8. It all started when I couldn't download updates. Now after a full reset I can only use a local account!
This needs sorting quickly
So I am having the same error message, only my situation happened like this. I was forced to factory reset my laptop. It originally came with Windows 8 on it and I qualified for a free update to windows 10. Since the factory Reset I haven't been able to get Windows 10 back, and that is fine. My issue is that when I try to link my microsoft account its telling me the error and to search "network problems."
I'm fully connect to a 5G wireless signal and I can access all my email (Gmail, iCloud, LIVE) through a webpage, but not through the app. So I'm clearly not having "network problems" as its telling me. I tried all the above solutions and nothing works. I think this is just a flaw with Windows 8 or higher. I never had problems like this on XP or 7 when a factory reset was necessary.
Exactly the same issue here. My laptop originally came with Windows 8.1, but I upgraded to 10. I did a factory reset on my device and am happy to roll back to 8.1, but I get this error message every time I try to connect my Microsoft account to the device. It's very frustrating and I would like to hear an answer asap!