Fixed - KB4058258 Requires a restart to finish installing

Anonymous
2018-02-01T11:59:40+00:00

I updated with this today but it says KB4058258 Requires a restart to finish installing

Any help?

Restarted about 4 times

windows 10 1709 build 16299.214

Edit: Fixed it by uninstalling and manually downloading and installing the patch

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-04-07T14:54:34+00:00

    Today I just got another bunch of updates or fixes from Microsoft. A pity they can't be installed. This time it's error code "0x8024a206". Sigh...

    I would really appreciate if Microsoft could make its "Problembehandlung" (Fit-it Tool) work. I'm pretty sure my computer is getting more and more vulnerable as more and more uninstalled fixes and updates are piling up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-04-03T23:30:37+00:00

    where's that? i'm not seeing any update and their tool to repair installations fails to provide correction

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-04-03T23:23:01+00:00

    I've been pulling hair out with this one too! Then as I tried to reply or post to get some MS help, my authenticator app went goofy and wouldn't let me approve my own signon...

    What is the key to getting the update installed? reboot after reboot and nothing just "Update and Shutdown" or "Update and Reboot" at the power prompt. 

    My Windows Updater shows "waiting for reboot" but it does NOT take.

    Help here guys!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-04-01T09:54:57+00:00

    BTW: Still the same problem here and uninstalled updates are piling up. I spent many hours and tried everything except going back to the last snapshot (since there is none due to limited storage) and re-installation. I hope the spring creators update will fix it. Anybody else still struggling?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-03-07T18:17:36+00:00

    After trying a lot of different things I still had the same problem so I reset my computer.  Now everything is working much better than when I first brought it,  at that time it was windows 8  when you change to windows 10 it resets to windows 10.  I am now very happy that I had this problem. 

    My other 2 computers worked without any problem although my HP worked best straight away one Acer took 2 days but came right by itself and the other I spent about a week before I reset it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments