I agree. I have used so much time already and tried several suggested things here - without success. I wish MS could fix this. Be it with a new version of this KB..... or with a fix-it thingy....
Fixed - KB4058258 Requires a restart to finish installing
I updated with this today but it says KB4058258 Requires a restart to finish installing
Any help?
Restarted about 4 times
windows 10 1709 build 16299.214
Edit: Fixed it by uninstalling and manually downloading and installing the patch
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2018-02-12T16:54:38+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-02-12T13:44:29+00:00 Is this update absolutely necessary? I followed all the steps to the letter, of all the solutions listed here in this thread, and Windows Update insists on installing KB4058258; that is, after rebooting post-install and then checking for updates.
I've already spent more than 3 hours trying to resolve this issue, and I don't want to go through the hassle of making a restore point and backing up ALL programs unless I have to. That kind of solution, to me, is effectively the same as reformatting the system drive.
I've noticed no big, consistent issues over the past few weeks, having used my PC with this issue unresolved.
Thanks in advance for any info.
-
Anonymous
2018-02-11T03:36:28+00:00 I tried this so many times it's useless and it's not working for me
-
Anonymous
2018-02-09T18:39:43+00:00 I highly recommend that you perform a repair upgrade. However, to prevent data loss, kindly create a restore point and backup all your files and applications to a removable storage device. To create a restore point, kindly follow these steps:
- On the search bar, type Create a restore point and hit Enter.
- Under System Protection tab, click on Create.
- Enter the description of the restore point and click Create > OK.
For more information regarding on how to create a restore point, refer to the article entitled "Create a system restore point".
To perform a repair upgrade, refer to the forum article entitled "How to: Perform a Repair Upgrade Using the Windows 10 ISO file".
Regards.
-
Anonymous
2018-02-08T12:47:55+00:00 I downloaded it manually and also didn't work. For 3 days I tried to fix the issue but no chance! I have already, maybe 1000x, restarted my laptop... That's worry me up. Maybe there's something with this update .... I drop it down until the next update!