Hi Sarjeet,
Our engineers are already aware of this bug in Windows 8.1. A fix is in the process of being created, and in the meantime, you'll have to continue using a local user account.
We'll post an update here once the fix is released.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
My computer has just been cleaned off and had a new hard drive replacement. Whenever I try to add a Microsoft account to log on to this cleaned laptop, it just says to check network problems. I have done this multiple times, with the troubleshooter saying nothing is wrong. I don't know what to do.
Moved from: Windows / Windows 8 / Network & internet
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Sarjeet,
Our engineers are already aware of this bug in Windows 8.1. A fix is in the process of being created, and in the meantime, you'll have to continue using a local user account.
We'll post an update here once the fix is released.
Really??? A bug don't solve in almost a month??? What are you doing windows 11???
Since today's 8.1RT updates, the signing into my Microsoft Account problem has been fixed for me on my Surface 2. This maybe a coincidence as there has been official announcement that I'm aware of.
I can also confirm that I can login has of today on a clean install of windows 8.1 Pro
Finally, after about a month, Microsoft has fixed this issue which should have been caught during routine bug testing of updates.