Cant connect to Microsoft Services

Anonymous
2017-09-23T19:21:00+00:00

My computer has just been cleaned off and had a new hard drive replacement. Whenever I try to add a Microsoft account to log on to this cleaned laptop, it just says to check network problems. I have done this multiple times, with the troubleshooter saying nothing is wrong. I don't know what to do.

Moved from:   Windows / Windows 8 / Network & internet

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2017-09-28T22:48:08+00:00

    Hey you.... 

    This is getting out of hand now. 

    Come on, Microsoft, you're obstructing my business operations. 

    Give us a status update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-09-28T18:35:56+00:00

    Same problem, did a reset install on my Surface and now I cannot log in the device to use the store or anything. Also showing inability to connect when running windows update, not sure if that is related.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-09-26T18:16:09+00:00

    Hi , I have also had this problem on my home pc and my laptop, both had been upgraded using the free windows 10 update, I have done a full reset on both of these and they have reverted back to windows 8.1 and have left me with the error problem too.

    Will I be able to recover the Windows 10 update once I can log in using my microsoft account again?

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-09-26T11:29:14+00:00

    Hi Dee,

    Our engineers are still in the process of creating a bug fix for the "Cant connect to Microsoft Services" error that occurs in Windows 8.1 when users try to add or switch to a Microsoft account. We have not yet received any estimated time frame for the bug fix. We'll post an update here once the bug fix has been released.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments