I can also confirm that I can login has of today on a clean install of windows 8.1 Pro
Cant connect to Microsoft Services
My computer has just been cleaned off and had a new hard drive replacement. Whenever I try to add a Microsoft account to log on to this cleaned laptop, it just says to check network problems. I have done this multiple times, with the troubleshooter saying nothing is wrong. I don't know what to do.
Moved from: Windows / Windows 8 / Network & internet
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Security and privacy
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2017-10-11T16:57:11+00:00 -
Anonymous
2017-10-11T11:31:37+00:00 Since today's 8.1RT updates, the signing into my Microsoft Account problem has been fixed for me on my Surface 2. This maybe a coincidence as there has been official announcement that I'm aware of.
-
Anonymous
2017-10-10T11:37:51+00:00 Really??? A bug don't solve in almost a month??? What are you doing windows 11???
-
Anonymous
2017-10-10T11:12:58+00:00 Hi Sarjeet,
Our engineers are already aware of this bug in Windows 8.1. A fix is in the process of being created, and in the meantime, you'll have to continue using a local user account.
We'll post an update here once the fix is released.
-
Anonymous
2017-10-09T14:17:54+00:00 My computer has just been cleaned off and had a new hard drive replacement. Whenever I try to add a Microsoft account to log on to this cleaned laptop, it just says to check network problems. I have done this multiple times, with the troubleshooter saying nothing is wrong. I don't know what to do