Thia is an ongoing problem and I can only connect to microsoft user account by going thtough an internet browser! It is very inconvenient, not to mention evwrything can’t sync properly. I feel like MS is trying to encourage those of us on 8.1 to move to 10, which I don’t want to do!! Ive been going nuts trying to figure out what happened and of course its an update that I received from MS. Ive spent so much wasted time installing, uninstalling, and re-installing to find it’s nothing I’ve done. When will this be fixed by Microsoft? You can’t just leave those of us that do use 8.1 disconnected like this!
Cant connect to Microsoft Services
My computer has just been cleaned off and had a new hard drive replacement. Whenever I try to add a Microsoft account to log on to this cleaned laptop, it just says to check network problems. I have done this multiple times, with the troubleshooter saying nothing is wrong. I don't know what to do.
Moved from: Windows / Windows 8 / Network & internet
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Security and privacy
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2017-09-25T22:35:52+00:00 -
Anonymous
2017-09-25T11:29:22+00:00 Hi Lyall,
As of the moment, affected Windows 8.1 users may use a local account instead of a Microsoft account while our engineers are fixing the bug. We have not yet received any news about when the fix will be released. We'll update this thread once it's available.
Feel free to post back if you have any other concerns about your computer.
-
Anonymous
2017-09-25T08:51:41+00:00 Hi Kaden,
We are currently aware of a bug that prevents our customers from logging into a Microsoft account after the latest September update. Just to confirm, is your computer under Windows 8.1? To check, press the Windows key and R at the same time, type winver, and press OK. If your computer is on Windows 8.1 and not Windows 8, then you're experiencing this due to the bug. Our Support Engineers are already looking into it and doing their best to resolve it as quickly as possible so as to minimize the inconvenience to our customers. We'll keep you updated via this thread once a bug fix has been released.
Regards.
Hi Yolvi
Do you have any information on when this bug may be fixed, as I've got the same problem with my Surface 2 tablet which I just bought, and as such, I cannot use it.
Best regards,
Lyall
-
Anonymous
2017-09-24T08:17:16+00:00 Hi Kaden,
We are currently aware of a bug that prevents our customers from logging into a Microsoft account after the latest September update. Just to confirm, is your computer under Windows 8.1? To check, press the Windows key and R at the same time, type winver, and press OK. If your computer is on Windows 8.1 and not Windows 8, then you're experiencing this due to the bug. Our Support Engineers are already looking into it and doing their best to resolve it as quickly as possible so as to minimize the inconvenience to our customers. We'll keep you updated via this thread once a bug fix has been released.
Regards.