Cant connect to Microsoft Services

Anonymous
2017-09-23T19:21:00+00:00

My computer has just been cleaned off and had a new hard drive replacement. Whenever I try to add a Microsoft account to log on to this cleaned laptop, it just says to check network problems. I have done this multiple times, with the troubleshooter saying nothing is wrong. I don't know what to do.

Moved from:   Windows / Windows 8 / Network & internet

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-10-08T08:38:40+00:00

    Hi Andre,

    The release date of the bug fix has yet to be announced. Our engineers are working with the utmost haste so that our customers can connect to their Microsoft accounts again on Windows 8.1, and as soon as the fix is released, we'll update this thread to let you know.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-10-07T08:44:53+00:00

    Like thousands of other Windows 8.1 Surface users, I look forward to a speedy bug fix so that I can use my device.  At the moment, a local account is a very limited option.   I can't even download a PDF reader from the App Store.  So my lovely looking Surface is currently serving as a bookend.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-10-07T05:16:54+00:00

    I have the same issue - Microsoft has been extremely dodgy about this issue and has only acknowledged the issue recently in English speaking forums. Microsoft seems to be trying to force Win 8.1 users to upgrade to 10 - this is most unfortunate for anyone who is using an RT device or for anyone who can't stand Win 10. I upgraded to Win 10 during the promotion and immediately regretted it as it was incompatible with Excel 2013 for quite some time - this severely affected business operations and as a result totally killed my confidence in Win 10. This recent display of behavior causes me to feel as if Microsoft doesn't care about its customers. I will definitely be looking at moving to using Google products.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-10-06T15:34:04+00:00

    I too am having this issue with my daughters Surface RT, had to reset it as it was running very slow, once all updates were installed this problem occurred, she needs it for University, so to say we're annoyed is an understatement.

    I have a feeling that if the 'fix' is imminent then it will be released as part of next Tuesday's (10th October) 'Patch Tuesday' release, if it isn't released then then I doubt it will be released very quickly, I'm guessing Windows 8.1 is very low on their priorities right now, but we can live in hope

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-10-06T15:21:31+00:00

    Same problem here just got myself a surface 3 and can only use local account looks like this is past a joke now get it fixed ms

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments