Moving Forza Horizon 3 Game Data To Another PC

Anonymous
2016-09-29T06:20:46+00:00

Hi,

I have recently purchased Forza Horizon 3 on the Windows App Store on my Surface Pro 3. I downloaded it onto my Surface Pro 3 because i have access to NBN (faster internet) at work where i was able to download the game within an hour or so.

I want to copy the game data to a USB so i can then install the game on my home pc. I was unable to download the game on my home pc as my interent would take a week to download.

I have tried moving the data using the in built windows function Settings>System>Apps & Features then selecting Froza Horizon 3 and select move to my USB, but i get an error message "We couldnt move Forza Horizon 3. The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit. The error code is 0x80073d0b, in case you need it".

I then tried by taking ownership of the Windowsapp folder and finding the game data "Microsoft.OpusPG_1.0.10.2_x64__8werkyb3d8bbwe". But when i try to copy and paste it onto my usb (which has plenty of space and is formatted in NTFS) it keeps telling me i need to "provide administrator permission to copy to this folder" i select continue and then prompts "you need permission to perform this action".

Doe sanyone know how i can copy the game data for Forza Horizon 3 to my home pc as i cannot download 50GB from home.

Regards,

Tim

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-10-22T21:26:18+00:00

    Thanks for this nice addition :-).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-05-01T12:19:04+00:00

    They'll not make a change..They're way behind other clients like steam & Uplay & others..

    I bought FH3 & GOW4 & Halo wars 2..

    to be honest I erased them all and decided not to play any Microsoft game from their store till they fix this..

    I can't afford to download about 200G of games data each time on a limited internet service with low speed..

    So it's my fault buying from such store with no support or respect for customers at all :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-05-01T12:00:24+00:00

    Today my Win10 quit to boot. I needed to restore it. Now all Windows Store Games are gone. I selected in Store for download the same Location on another harddrive with Forza. And the download erased my entire old Folder with all the files from Forza AND Forza Apex. Starting downloading 53gb again.  What if 2-3 PCs should be upgraded, with 0.5-1Tb  each on game data from store? It's 2-3 Terabytes EVERY time to download again. Are you  stupid M$? Make backup solution RIGHT NOW.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-05-01T10:22:51+00:00

    Yes I too downloaded FH3 for pc (cost $130 bucks Australian) & took forever to download.

    Now windows is trying to update my PC to their *Cretaceous/*Creators update so the game will be messed up afterwards. I know this because it has already happened to 3 of my mates FH3 Pc games.

    I want to be able to back it up & restore it afterwards. Windows, xbox & Microsoft are so not user friendly & so far behind the rest of the digital world, but they think that they are at the forefront. I wish windows had a decent competitor so they could see just how backward they are.

    Did you know Microsoft classes their digital downloads as being worthless?

    I purchased a new xbox one s which came with a digital copy of FH3. But I had already purchased the game on PC which means that you also get it as a download for xbox because it's a play anywhere game.

    So I contacted xbox support & asked could I exchange the unused digital game for a different digital game of the same value.

    They said NO WAY! Your digital game is worthless and so we cannot exchange it even though it has NOT been unused.

    OK, so if it's worthless,, how come they charged me $130 bucks for my digital PC version?

    I want my money back, because if it is worthless they have overcharged be by $130 bucks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-04-15T16:41:42+00:00

    Fiddler is not a Windows Store app.  It's a regular desktop utility.  Here's a tutorial for how to get a Windows Store URL using Fiddler.  (Ignore all of the stuff after downloading the appx bundle.  That doesn't apply.)

    https://youtu.be/acAuUk9gJxc

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments