Windows 10 password field on login screen not showing

Anonymous
2017-01-12T02:32:46+00:00

I have Windows 10, 64bit with all the latest updates.

When I put my computer to sleep and wake up, the password field is not showing. I have to do a restart to be able to log in.

Microsoft isn't fixing this, there are no solutions for this problem, I have tried everything.. I also had this problem in the past, I reinstalled Windows, but I'm not gonna do another reinstall for such minor problem which can probably be fixed without reinstall..

I'm using a local account, and I do not intend to use microsoft account to log in.

I have done sfc and dism also - no corruption. But this problem started after I uninstalled microsoft bloatware and unnecessary crap.

Please don't tell me to create a new account - I've seen these suggestions everywhere, they don't help in any way. I want to use my current account. Please tell me how to fix this. 

These are all the current apps I have

What is missing here ? LockApp is still there..

* Post moved by the moderator to the most appropriate forum category.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-03-25T07:45:25+00:00

    I have bigger problem.

    I is not visible even after restart.

    It is been 2 days since I am not able to log in mu pc.

    Howcan I solve this?

    Did you try my first suggestion? If that did not work, reinstalling Windows 10 is the only way forward that I can suggest.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-03-25T07:42:02+00:00

    I have bigger problem.

    I is not visible even after restart.

    It is been 2 days since I am not able to log in mu pc.

    Howcan I solve this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-03-25T07:13:35+00:00

    I have also the same problem.

    When I upgraded my  win 10 home to pro it happened after changing language. Possword field is not visible even when I restarted my pc.

    It's been two day since I am not able to login my pc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-03-24T21:00:27+00:00

    I have an HP Envy TS 15 Notebook and I had this exact problem. I was able to fix it by disabling all the HP SimplePass applications in the Task Manager.

    Go to the Task Manager(Ctrl+Shift+Esc) > More Details(bottom left) > Startup Tab >

    Find anything that is labelled HP SimplePass and Disable it. 

    I hope this works for you all, as it did for me.

    Also, I know the HP Accelerometer had compatibility issues with the new version of Windows 10 as well. You might have to disable that or try to get the new driver for it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-03-19T18:10:43+00:00

    Hi, thanks for your contribution but this has been suggested before and unfotunately did not work for me. 

    Since I disabled the Win10 feature that puts the laptop to sleep when the lid is closed, I have not seen the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments