Windows 10 password field on login screen not showing

Anonymous
2017-01-12T02:32:46+00:00

I have Windows 10, 64bit with all the latest updates.

When I put my computer to sleep and wake up, the password field is not showing. I have to do a restart to be able to log in.

Microsoft isn't fixing this, there are no solutions for this problem, I have tried everything.. I also had this problem in the past, I reinstalled Windows, but I'm not gonna do another reinstall for such minor problem which can probably be fixed without reinstall..

I'm using a local account, and I do not intend to use microsoft account to log in.

I have done sfc and dism also - no corruption. But this problem started after I uninstalled microsoft bloatware and unnecessary crap.

Please don't tell me to create a new account - I've seen these suggestions everywhere, they don't help in any way. I want to use my current account. Please tell me how to fix this. 

These are all the current apps I have

What is missing here ? LockApp is still there..

* Post moved by the moderator to the most appropriate forum category.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-01-03T16:36:32+00:00

    All these days i was thinking it was only me and it used to work after 1 or 2 restarts. Today it took atleast 40-50 restarts over 3hrs to display the login box. And thats why i started searching for this issue and found iam not alone !!!

    @Microsoft, pls fix this. It is appalling that this is not  fixed even after so many months and updates.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-07-29T22:30:56+00:00

    I have been having this problem for over a month now. Very frustrating. Sadly, my partner's computer started doing it yesterday too. I've tried emptying the recycle bin (along with many of the other suggestions here, with the exception of creating a new account as this is not an acceptable solution). Maybe it is time to bite the bullet and move over to Linux.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-01-31T00:01:40+00:00

    Hi,

    Tried to do as you suggested. The AMD R7 250 driver update through Windows did not work: latest driver already installed.

    Next stop: AMD website! Downloaded the latest driver and all seems to be ok. Will keep you posted if it stays like this.

    Would be nice to read somewhere what has caused this as it worked fine until some time ago.

    Update:

    Sorry to inform you that the solution only worked for a short amount of time.

    Back to square one as the problem is still there. Latest greatest drivers did not help either.

    This is so sad... I currently need to solely use my other OS: Linux Mint. At least that one works flawlessly. 

    Come on, Microsoft!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-01-28T02:44:57+00:00

    bump/....

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-02-05T15:44:15+00:00

    This seems to be a typical Microsoft 'solution': work around the problem and see if it is OK again.

    If so, keep using the work around (which would be removing and adding the current user profile, I guess).

    Nothing was changed in my user profile. Why should I create and remove new user profiles, risking even more problems in the process (considering getting a log-in screen does not seem to be rocket science, either, and yet this apparently starts failing out-of-the-blue)?

    I would really rather hear where this problem might be coming from (and I suppose this would be the only way for Microsoft, too), instead of starting trying out work arounds. If this would take more time; so be it. At least we (read: Microsoft!) would learn from this to prevent it from happening to all these users again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments