Windows 10 password field on login screen not showing

Anonymous
2017-01-12T02:32:46+00:00

I have Windows 10, 64bit with all the latest updates.

When I put my computer to sleep and wake up, the password field is not showing. I have to do a restart to be able to log in.

Microsoft isn't fixing this, there are no solutions for this problem, I have tried everything.. I also had this problem in the past, I reinstalled Windows, but I'm not gonna do another reinstall for such minor problem which can probably be fixed without reinstall..

I'm using a local account, and I do not intend to use microsoft account to log in.

I have done sfc and dism also - no corruption. But this problem started after I uninstalled microsoft bloatware and unnecessary crap.

Please don't tell me to create a new account - I've seen these suggestions everywhere, they don't help in any way. I want to use my current account. Please tell me how to fix this. 

These are all the current apps I have

What is missing here ? LockApp is still there..

* Post moved by the moderator to the most appropriate forum category.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-01-14T22:04:19+00:00

    Actually this didn't fix the problem. It fixed it for 2 times, then the problem is back again...

    When is Microsoft gonna fix this BUG ?

    This is how it looks (from some other forum)

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-01-30T17:52:21+00:00

    Same here! Using Windows 10 Professional.

    When returning from sleep mode it happens. Nothing that seemingly can be done, except a system restart (with possibly losing data in the process).

    Fix needed ASAP! This is not acceptable Microsoft!

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-01-12T08:20:34+00:00

    Yes, I have three buttons, I've been doing many restarts all the time by using the power button icon on the login screen.

    When I click on the lockscreen it just swipes up and there's empty login screen with no username and password field, just those 3 icons/buttons.

    I actually just fixed this by logging into microsoft account and logging off/on from windows, then I switched back to local account and now the password field is showing every time I wake up the PC from sleep mode.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-02-04T04:23:05+00:00

    I did an in-place upgrade of windows 10 and it made things even worse. Explorer is crashing when I navigate to  "open with" submenu...

    How can this happen if in-place upgrade "repairs everything"...... ?

    http://i.imgur.com/wTdGS9c.gif

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-01-18T04:21:52+00:00

    bump...

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments