Windows 10 Mobile update for BLU Win HD LTE (X150E)

Anonymous
2016-03-22T01:27:56+00:00

When will be Windows 10 Mobile available for BLU Win HD LTE (X150E) and why it has not been released while update is available for X150Q and there are no hardware differences between the two, other than network bands ?

Since there are no hardware differences, performance will not be affected as reason given by Microsoft for excluding some phones from the update.

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-03-24T11:39:46+00:00

Good news! Blu confirmed that Both Blu win HD lte and jr lte of Europe version are eligible for windows 10 upgrade. Currently Blu win HD (non lte) is only eligible for upgrade. Whereas Blu win HD lte U S has many bug fixes and they are solving these while e version update is on hold.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-06-03T13:13:36+00:00

    I've performed the update some months ago and I'm sorry to say that Windows 10 and the x150e do not perform well together.  Non-exhaustive list of issues to-date:

    • Battery life is absolutely terrible.  I can barely make 12 hours before needing to recharge the device.
    • Networking stack is extremely unstable.  By this I mean I lose cellular and data and wifi connectivity frequently and is only resolved by a full reboot of the device.
    • UI is simply unfinished.  For example using the OSK with Cortana obscures what you're typing in.
    • Background processes/services are CPU thrashing.  This may be the cause of the poor battery life but the device is physically hot with no applications running, my assumption being there is at least 1 background process or service thrashing the CPU.

    As a direct result of the issues observed and in particular the poor communication from Blu Products on this I'm sorry to say the device will be reimaged to factory and sold or scrapped.  At this point in time this will be my last Windows Phone device and I'm reviewing Android devices at the moment.

    For what it's worth - I work full-time as a Senior QA Engineer at a blue-chip as well as holding several Microsoft certifications.  I have also provided consultancy to Microsoft on defects in the past.  In my opinion Windows 10 on mobile devices simply isn't ready for GA on third-party hardware.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-06-03T12:55:54+00:00

    he guys ,

    i just update windows 10 on my device (x150e) its working nice , now wdrt support for x150e model using this u need to flash ur phone and then install inside preview on ur device then configure for fast ring . ur phone will install windows 10 update. great features and nice look.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-04-24T17:58:57+00:00

    Check out my blog on LinkedIn on updating BLU WIN HD LTE X150e to Windows 10 and don't forget to share with others.

    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/windows-10-mobile-update-blu-win-hd-lte-x150e-vinod-grack

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-04-20T12:30:34+00:00

    My phone shows the same, only one IMEI. However my live tiles show numbers to identify each sim. I've also changed the names on them to show the actual phone numbers. I highly recommend the Blu phone. I can only assume the above screenshot doesn't show the identifiers because of the way it is laid out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments