High CPU and memory usage when use Flash Player and images-heavy sites in all browsers or when I download files

Anonymous
2016-05-29T10:02:19+00:00

Hello! From long ago I have issues with high CPU and memory usage when use Flash Player and images-heavy sites or when I download files. The issues happen in Mozilla, Opera, Opera Beta and Chrome. Also when I use fractals rendering software. CPU usage becomes as high that my PC start sounding like a helicopter. Here are some sites I cannot use for that reason (digital design related):

https://www.sumopaint.com/home/#app

http://weavesilk.com/

And this TV site:

http://www.hotstar.com/tv/diya-aur-baati-hum/81/episodes/81/9993

Even if I chose an interactive theme/appearance in Opera Beta (like Star Wars) CPU usage goes wild because Flash Player .

I asked some buddies and they don't have such issues with Sumo and Silk. I checked my anti-vir and it doesn't block anything Adobe or image related. My firewall doesn't block anything too. I posted my question in Adobe Community too (because Flash Player) but still got no reply.

My graphic driver is up to date. Pagefile size is also ok, set min and max to 1.5x of the RAM.

My Hardware and Environment details:

Windows 8.1 (upgraded from Windows 8)

RAM: 4 GB (3.88 Usable)

Intel Celeron CPU G540 2.50 GHz

64-bit OS, x64-based processor

I can't attach my DxDiag.txt file and I'm not sure if it is safe to paste it's content here due to publicly of my post.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-06-03T14:39:17+00:00

Hello,

Thank you for updating on the issue.

Did you try upgrading to Windows 10 after running DISM commands successfully?

You may also create Windows 10 installation media using this link and then try to upgrade to Windows 10.

Refer:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I hope this information helps.

Thank you

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-06-03T15:45:29+00:00

    I read carefully everything in the link you sent me and I understood that:

    1. If I click upgrade from the Upgrade Now I'll keep absolutely everything (profile, preferences, programs, files, etc).
    2. If I use Media Creation Tool I can also chose Upgrade from it and will keep absolutely everything too as in #1.
    3. If I use Media Creation Tool, make ISO with it for a clean install and format partition during the clean install I'll lose everything (as I did in my recent Win XP Pro install because I didn't have another choice).

    Did I understand correctly?

    Thank you in advance for having patience with me!! I just have too many programs, too many files, too many customizations in browsers and overall my PC is "my precious" which I adore.;)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-06-03T15:43:44+00:00

    Hello,

    Thank you for your reply.

    Yes, clean installation will remove all files and programs.

    I highly recommend backing up all of your important files and folders onto an external storage device before attempting any type of OS repair, upgrade or clean installation.

    Please keep us posted.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-06-03T15:26:41+00:00

    No, I didn't try to upgrade to Win 10 because I though I need my current Win 8.1 to be up-to-date.

    I'll try to upgrade now but if I don't succeed and make ISO on Flash Drive, that will be a clean new install, won't it? I mean if either upgrade is successful or something goes wrong during the upgrade and it is unsuccessful I'll stay with my current OS and all files and programs kept (I have many Adobe programs which I use often). But if I make clean new install from ISO file, that will remove all my files and programs, won't it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-06-03T13:23:45+00:00

    I performed the three scans and here are the results:

    Scanhealth:

    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]

    (c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

    C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

    Version: 6.3.9600.17031

    Image Version: 6.3.9600.17031

    [==========================100.0%==========================]

    No component store corruption detected.

    The operation completed successfully.

    C:\WINDOWS\system32>

    
    Checkhealth:
    
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]  
    
    (c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.  
    
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth  
    
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool  
    
    Version: 6.3.9600.17031  
    
    Image Version: 6.3.9600.17031  
    
    No component store corruption detected.  
    
    The operation completed successfully.  
    
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>
    
    

    Restorehealth:

    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]

    (c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

    C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

    Version: 6.3.9600.17031

    Image Version: 6.3.9600.17031

    [==========================100.0%==========================]

    The restore operation completed successfully. The component store corruption was

     repaired.

    The operation completed successfully.

    C:\WINDOWS\system32>

    
    The dism.log:
    
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av0EkFFZIB2rgk6Oif4Xv5lwDO\_K
    

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments