xbox one controller crash

Anonymous
2016-03-04T04:40:21+00:00

Hello everyone i have a question regarding the xbox one controller on pc.

everything was working just fine till an hour ago.

when i play a game (ex assassin's creed 4) i can play it no problem with the xbox one controller. when i quit the game and go back to desktop, everything is still fine. as soon as i disconnect my xbox one controller the whole system crashes. nothing responds. when i press ctrl alt delete mouse responds but when pointer moves i can hear a beeping sound from my tv speekers.... and i have to force the computer off cause it won't shut down.

another problem i have is when playing tales from the borderlands. if i play with keyboard and mouse i get fps = 60. as soon as i launch the game with xbox controller my fps drop between 4-25 and the game gets super laggy.

the same problem occurs if i use the controller with wire or with the wireless adapter.

didn't have any problem till just an hour ago. 

i'm thinking of formatting the pc cause it's driving me nuts.

any1 has a solution.

for the record i uninstalled the drivers from device manager. both wireless adapter and xbox controller. i had to deconnect the xbox controller to uninstalled cause if i kept it plugged the pc would still freeze.

thx for help

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-03-05T04:12:55+00:00

The KB3140743 update for Windows 10 molested xinputhid.sys which is the Xinput driver. Try uninstall KB3140743 and see if it helps.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-03-01T20:15:45+00:00

    Hey,

    It sounds like a completely other issue to me. 

    Are you using the wireless adapter or a wired Xbox One gamepad?

    When Rocket League (nice game btw) crashes do you see an exclamation mark in your windows device manager for you gamepad?

    Did you update your gamepad trough the Xbox app on your PC already?

    Did you try to reinstall the driver?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-03-01T03:16:39+00:00

    Hey,

    Looks like you guys all solved your problem a year ago... but... I'm having it now.

    Installed Windows 10 in Nov. 2016, I don't have any of the updates mentioned in this thread. The first update I d/l'd was... KB3176936.

    My new XBox One Controller has been working fine for a few months, but I haven't used it much. Played Rocket League all day and had many problems.

    The controller stopped responding mid game about 5 times (forced me to restart game), twice Rocket League "stop responding" and crashed. Just recently the entire computer has crashed twice... I'm very confused.

    Tried playing with my crappy Logitech wired controller, far less latency and no problems. I have no idea how the Bluetooth controller could be doing all this... but the circumstantial evidence if overwhelming.

    All my drivers are up-to-date, normal controller doesn't give me problems (disconnecting, crashing game/computer). I do have an older crappier laptop, but just put in a new SSD and everything else is crisp. I have to run Rocket League at really low quality to be competitive, but I don't think that's the problem here.

    I'm very confused...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-05-26T17:18:52+00:00

    Hey all.

    Okay a bit late but I want to confirm that this issue seams to be finally fixed with Windows Update KB3147458.fyi

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments