How do you "automatically" update your Windows Media Player album information if this doesn't work the first time?

Anonymous
2016-02-28T16:25:35+00:00

Hi,

    How do you "automatically" update your Windows Media Player album information, if this doesn't work the first time in respect of the data for the album, which WMP finds?

    I'm not finding the accuracy of the Player good at all; if there's a double album it seems to get these the wrong way around in respect of the details. And Sometimes it gets albums entirely wrong, when I had no difficult finding this on the internet?

    Before you respond I know 'Edit' and "Search" etc, but the editing process would take too long for each single. And Search is not working... I've typed the exact details in for the album, only for WMP to turn up 500+ results, which are not relevant?

    Also how do you prevent your playlists being lost, if your computer crashes? How do you Save etc or is there a quicker easier way to do this? Is there a way for instance of saving these online?

(Microsoft please have another look at this forum? For instance it is far too difficult to find, and when I've been writing, on pressing Return I lose the post? Also the font selection function italics etc did not work for me???)

PS Italics worked belatedly towards the end, when I highlighted the text I'd written.

Windows for home | Other | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-05-08T18:18:35+00:00

Sorry for the delay - finally found time to read back through the thread - I don't think at this point I can offer any more suggestions. The sledgehammer option proposed by MS support may be about the only one left, and if you're (fairly) happy with how most stuff is working... that seems a bit drastic!

It seems MS techs are no longer bothered much about WMP - so many people having issues with it particularly in W10 (Burn/Rip problems; Incorrectly sized artwork; DRM - which MS promised to try to fix last August... etc.) Yet it's still a fundamental part of the OS.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-01-30T11:28:36+00:00

    Hi Ric,

    Thanks for the help previously... had work to do, which... well writing so I'm a bit better placed now.       I still don't get the ghost tracks Ric, I mean these songs as far as I'm aware don't appear like this on the CDs I have, but when I copy these over onto WMP then this is an irritating issues for a number of these albums?    Also, I've spent some time looking into this but why when I try to load a classical album onto WMP the details entirely appear in Japanese? I read something in respect of setting the default for the language, but then the link re this didn't take you anywhere?    And as I think I stated before... you get a double CD and WMP refuses to recognise the 2nd or and name all the tracks same as the first. At times I noted that in this respect it also seems to refuse to copy these over correctly, as far as its silly system is concerned I already have them on my playlist?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-06-05T11:57:18+00:00
    • and which version of the CD did you rip? - presumably the earlier one...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-03-20T14:03:05+00:00

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/pictures?tab=Threads

    My advice here to anyone who has asked has been Don't Upgrade! W7 will be supported until 2020 - I'm still using W7 on my old laptop and have W10 preloaded on my new one - it works fine (for my needs at least) and no problems at all with WMP. - I suspect in your case (and many other posters) something has gone wrong in the upgrade process. I'd post a new Q at the link I have posted above (MPV section) where it will get better attention.

    If you haven't posted a q yourself you'll find 'Ask A Question' under 'Participate' at the top of the page (but go to MPV first) - Ric.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-03-20T13:04:58+00:00

    why wont media player find my music when its all in MP3 and MP4 and yes my player is set up to handle them when I ran win 7 it was perfect I would go to media player and there was all my music I got win 10 and media play don't know were my music is ive searched in media player under music and under vids in ALL the locations and still it cant find my music but if I tell the computer to play the music via media player then it does but if I close media player for any reason and reload it the music is not there WHY DOES WIN 10 MEDIA PLAY SUCK

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments