Windows 10 has taken them away!
Windows 10: Where are my documents?
Just installed Windows 10. I'm having a problem similar to a problem that I had when I installed Windows 8.
Documents seems to be in several tiers, including Public Documents, Documents, and so on.
There is one "Documents" that has just a few old folders and all the scanned documents that we've ever scanned (the scanner must put them there by default).
The other "Documents" has my actual library of many documents and document folders.
This is the "Documents" that I use and want to access.
I can find that whole set of documents in my administrator account, but not in the other account on my computer.
The other account only shows me the previous public documents from Windows 8.
The other account is the one that I use most. I want to be able to access all of my documents from that other account.
I've tried going into Users from the administrator account and sharing the (main, important) Documents folder with the other account so that I can access my documents when I'm in the other account.
Windows 10 assures me that the sharing is going on.
But when I go into the other account and click on Documents (both in Quick Access and in This PC), all I get is the former Public Documents with just the old folders and scanned documents.
What am I missing? Can you help me access all of my documents in both accounts on my computer?
Thank you!
(By the way, another issue I'm having with Windows 10 is that the Start menu does not show useful things, like Control Panel and My Computer, that Windows 8 showed. Instead, it shows a lot of bright tiles, frequent apps, and few things at the bottom. Does anyone know how to customize the Start menu so it shows what I want it to show?
Thanks again!)
Moderator's note: So much has changed since Windows 10 was first released four years ago few of the replies to this question have any relevance today. If you have a problem, please use the Ask a question option at the top of the page to start your own thread, giving full details of your operating system and the precise nature of the problem you're facing.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
55 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2018-08-02T17:20:58+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-06-29T17:19:45+00:00 I can not find my documents since I went to windows 10. can some one help me?
-
Anonymous
2018-01-06T21:55:45+00:00 tmj farms
-
Anonymous
2017-12-03T12:14:17+00:00 more info needed, please.
-
Anonymous
2017-03-13T15:47:58+00:00 my files are not shown in pen drive, but i shows the size of content? please say the exact and easiest method to find it?